Anybody else looking for a motion platform?

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Anybody else looking for a motion platform?

Post by PalmerTech »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-simulator-bas ... 500wt_1226

They look pretty nice, could swear I have seen this model somewhere on the internet. Going to ask the seller if they can identify the makers of the motion platform.

Yeah, I know, shipping is gonna be a real killer, but at the current price, that is only $500 per platform! Even with freight shipping for each one, it should come out to less than $1000 total for each of them!
brantlew
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Anybody else looking for a motion platform?

Post by brantlew »

The price is very good, but I wouldn't have the space for something like that plus...the wife would slaughter me if I tried to drag that home. :lol:
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

You only live 3 hours from them, though! Don't ask your wife, you would not want to ruin the surprise. ;)
brantlew
Petrif-Eyed

Post by brantlew »

Even better...I already drive within an hour of that location every two weeks, so for me the shipping would be basically free. It's tempting...just to have it for future research. I'd love to stick a treadmill on top of it for simulated terrain walking. In fact I'd love to incorporate it with this incredible engine just for virtual nature runs instead of just staring at the wall when I exercise.
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/onepe ... ets-i.html

But I just don't have an immediate and justifiable need for it to allocate a 1/4 of my garage :cry:
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

brantlew wrote:Even better...I already drive within an hour of that location every two weeks, so for me the shipping would be basically free. It's tempting...just to have it for future research. I'd love to stick a treadmill on top of it for simulated terrain walking. In fact I'd love to incorporate it with this incredible engine just for virtual nature runs instead of just staring at the wall when I exercise.
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/onepe ... ets-i.html

But I just don't have an immediate and justifiable need for it to allocate a 1/4 of my garage :cry:
That puts the mapsize in Arma2 at a shame :P The level of detail is a bit higher in arma 2 though :P

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”