Acer HS244HQbmii

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
jaden
One Eyed Hopeful

Acer HS244HQbmii

Post by jaden »

Just curious if anyone has any reviews or information regarding the Acer HS244HQbmii. It's reasonably priced on Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product, and comes with its own shutter glasses. When looking at the images this monitor doesn't show a DVI port but offers 2 HDMI, listed under details it says that it has 1xDVI and 2xHDMI so I'm a little confused. I can't seem to find any feedback on this monitor and Newegg only has 10 reviews on it. If I purchase this monitor it will be my first 3D display, so I'm a little cautious. I have a Nvidia 570 and will be using this mainly for gaming. To use this monitor with my setup will I have to purchase 3DTV Play from Nvidia to make it compatible with my card?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Acer HS244HQbmii

Post by cybereality »

I've heard the monitor was good, but I don't really know any details. The only issue with it is that it uses HDMI 1.4a, so you are limited to 720P for gaming. Although 720P isn't horrible, its certainly a noticeable step down from 1080P. If you spend a few extra bucks you can get an Nvidia 3D Vision certified 120Hz LCD, like the Planar SA2311W, which has gotten great reviews.
griffindore
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by griffindore »

cybereality,

What makes you say that it can only do 720p? I've seen similar hints although no actual credible reports for this monitor. Also the announcement for 3DTV Play makes it sound like NVIDIA supports 1080p24Hz via HDMI 1.4a. http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/15/nvid ... 3d-vision/. Please comment.

Is it that 24Hz isn't good for gaming and so that's not supported for gaming and only 720p60Hz? The URL claimed 720p60 was the "official gaming spec" whatever that means.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yes, you can do 1080P at 24Hz, but its not very smooth for gaming. I've tried it, and I didn't like it. Some people find it acceptable with certain games, but in general it looks choppy.

Return to “3D Monitors”