Is there any setup hmd tracker pc game that u recommend

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
userwords
One Eyed Hopeful

Is there any setup hmd tracker pc game that u recommend

Post by userwords »

Like a standard recomended rig for vr. I mean buy this hmd model, with this tracker if it has no tracking, then buy this joystick, and then that game, and enjoy vr without mods.

Dont u have a recommended rig like that.

Ive seen freespace 2 mods and virtual cockpits and thougt that maybe this game or any other could be used to have the nearest to a commercial setup made from parts, but without mods either in hardware or drivers and software part.

If there is not such a setup, you may start one, maybe 2 or 3 setups recomended to get vr rig.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Is there any setup hmd tracker pc game that u recommend

Post by cybereality »

There is the TrackIR, but it only works with select games and has a limited field of vision. There are also some HMDs (like Vuzix VR series) that have built-in headtracking. Otherwise you will have to get more into custom setups and software. Some of us on this forum are actually working on software to allow greater use of tracking devices for playing games. But it is not ready yet.
userwords
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by userwords »

I did not meant (well i was supposed to not mean) a complete vr system in a single hardware.

I was talking about having a initial rig recomended to start in vr.

A recomendation on hdm, tracker, and most compatible games. All in one sticky post which get updated whenever new products are released, if ppl can agree that those new products (hmd, tracker, games) are better.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well right now everyone seems to have different stuff they are working with. There is no "standard" setup. However, I think most people can agree that the Sony HMZ-T1 is probably the best HMD for the money (obviously consumer market). Probably any game can work, so that is not much of an issue. I think the biggest problem now is the head tracker or other input devices, there just is no standard for this at all. So people all have their own DIY setups, there are a few threads in the VR section about this if you look.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

I think if you search on 'VR-Geeks' they have recommended basic setups etc.

Generally speaking, an basic initial rig consists of an HMD, a tracker (TrackIR or Freetrack are the most popular, since they support most games) and using it with either Arma/Arma2, or with simulators (flight, racing, etc).

If you are willing to give up absolute tracking, then you can use games such as COD etc, by making/using a VRgun, which lets you aim FPS's with much more fun/realism than trying to aim using your head or a mouse. The gamegun provides an easy way to use a 'reset tracking' button so the loss of absolute tracking is not so important.

I believe the VRGeeks have a few dedicated VR demo games they have written, not sure what they require however.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”