zotac gtx 560ti and s3d

gixer
One Eyed Hopeful

zotac gtx 560ti and s3d

Post by gixer »

hi all just recently upraded my graphics from 2 gts450's in sli to a gtx 560ti and a gts 450 as a dedicated physx card.after having problems with my screen going blank and recieving no signal and the fan on the gtx coming on full speed ,i took my rig into the shop where first of all i upgraded the psu and they left it on test playing bf3 with no probs.last night i bought arkham city and when playing in 2d no probs.set up the 3d in both 3dtvplay and tridef @1920x1080 and the card crashed again using the latest beta drivers from nvidia.so this morning i uninstalled all the beta drivers and clean installed the 285.58 drivers,so far the system has been stable in 3d(with everything up high) but in 720.has anyone else had problems like this or do you think my system will be stable now.will try 1080 later to see if it has been solved
thanks gixer
ps something else i did was to change two big speakers back to my suround ones cos they only 18 inches away from my rig in case of a magnetic field affecting it.the speakers are over 10 years old and i don't think they are magnetically shielded.
asus m4n75td-sli mobo.amd phenom 11 x4 955 black edition @3.2ghz.4 gig 1333 mhz ram.zotac gtx 560 ti and gts 450 dedicated physx.samsung 500gb hard drive.samsung 8x blu-ray and coolermaster bronze 80 650w powersupply with 52 amps on the 12v rail
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: zotac gtx 560ti and s3d

Post by cybereality »

The best way to see if the system is stable is to just use it as you normally would, and hope for the best.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

cybereality wrote:The best way to see if the system is stable is to just use it as you normally would, and hope for the best.

Hi, Well as An Overclocker I have learned that using the Benchmarks like Intel Burn Test is a Good way to check a System for STABILITY..

Even if you are NOT Overclocking your Rig I would reccomend trying to use Intel Burn Test and run it for 10mins..

No Please Run a Temp Monitor when running the Intel Burn Test to monitor the CPU temps and make sure you do NOT go near the Limit of your CPU look on Intels Website and find out yout T Case Temp.. for example I have an i5 and the T Case Temp is 72.6C... But if you are NOT Overclocked it should go NO where near your limits.. but it will get a little bit hot..but fear not it is designed to do just that but this will test your system for stability.

If it Fails you know there is something wrong with your System..

I would also run a GPU Benchmark like FurMark to test the stability of your GPU..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

If its an Intel, he's not going to burn it up going near the CPU temp limits. I ran a Core2Duo at thermal limiting regularly for over a year and it doesn't do any immediate harm, whether he is reducing the lifespan of his CPU is another story (having said that, my 'thermal limited' one is still going strong, and OC'ed nowadays to boot).

However, I agree about running burn in tests. I dont use the Intel one but I have a couple of other utilities that stress your CPU **WAY** more than you are going to stress it playing games (games dont really stress your CPU 100% anymore). These tools are pretty much essential to run on any new PC so you can see what the idle and max load temps are. Stock CPU coolers often run very close to the maximum temp when under load.

Hard to tell what Gixers problem is, but I have learnt that if you have video card problems, the first thing to try is to uninstall your existing video drivers, go into safe mode and run a driver cleaner. I've learnt the hard way that if you run driver cleaner from normal mode, there are sometimes files it cannot clear up. This was responsible for wierd graphical glitches I used to experience back when first getting into 3D...
gixer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gixer »

sorry its took a while to get back in touch but it seems that the fault lies with the card.the problem is with the pulse with modulation power controller on the card which goes into protection mode hence my original problem.zotac sent out a firmware upgrade to the affected cards and everything has been great since in both 3d and 2d.if anyone has the same problem with zotac cards email their support to get the firmware update.hope this has been a help
thanks gixer
asus m4n75td-sli mobo.amd phenom 11 x4 955 black edition @3.2ghz.4 gig 1333 mhz ram.zotac gtx 560 ti and gts 450 dedicated physx.samsung 500gb hard drive.samsung 8x blu-ray and coolermaster bronze 80 650w powersupply with 52 amps on the 12v rail

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”