Is this The future HMDs

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
ripcurl123
Two Eyed Hopeful

Is this The future HMDs

Post by ripcurl123 »

Looks like the Pr1 version three million, stumbled across this i think it has website and looks like their selling patents of some sort, was just wodering if this was possible looks like one for palmer..
Even if it was possible
a : no prototype
b : would be expensive
being curved oled and adjustable liquid optics, just thought It would be interesting to some people on here..
sorry cyber forgot to post link its here........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kFTvRX1 ... st=ULsorry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by ripcurl123 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Is this The future HMDs

Post by cybereality »

Did you mean to post a link?
ripcurl123
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ripcurl123 »

link sorry people i forgot its here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kFTvRX1 ... el&list=UL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, I've seen it. Think it was posted here a while back. Dude is a total hack, but the dream is real. Its just funny he calls it his "patent" but then uses copyrighted material from commercials and stuff like that. Not to mention that all this stuff has been either done before (in published research, etc.) or at least shown in movies, none of it is new. But I give the guy some credit for trying. And, yes, if it were real that would be awesome. Maybe in a few years.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

The main issue I have with the video is that it seems to be missing how to overcome an important issue when the HMDs are created... FOCUS! It is almost as if someone who doesn't fully understand optics has come up with an 'idea' to fully immerse your fov with a screen and that it will somehow magically work.
I could be wrong, but that's my first impression. I wouldn't expect anything that fulfills the goals of this for 10-20 years.
ripcurl123
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ripcurl123 »

I agree android thought it was too good to be true ,like i said if it could be backed up with a prototype then fair enough but it just looks like a pipe dream ,also the video quite well done and explained i was like getting all excited at one stage but sadly looks like a few more years yet again we all have to wait, if they put all the technology and resoures they plough into mobile phones, into hmds ,we could all enjoyed total imersion maybe years ago ,its just not the mass market people want so there you go we'll just have to keep on hacking stuff like palmer ,to get some results one way or another.
dave signing out..

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”