godwisper
One Eyed Hopeful

Need help with my setup....

Post by godwisper »

So my setup is like this..

Optoma EW536
optoma 201 dlp glasses
Mac mini 2011 with windows 7 and intel hd3000

Tried stereoscopic player with SBS and software pageflipping, had to use the acer inf file to get 120hz...

Result

Managed to get 3D working but am getting loads of jitters too during playback....

Any help please ?
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Need help with my setup....

Post by Fredz »

It's unavoidable with software page flipping unfortunately, and I'm afraid you won't have other choices with an Intel GPU since they don't expose hardware page flipping to developers. If you're a programmer you could try to write a driver to access hardware page flipping through registers, but it's far from simple.

The best solution would probably be to replace the GPU by a NVIDIA GeForce, but it may not be possible with a Mac Mini.

Another solution could be to find a device that is able to transform a standard signal into a page flipped one, but I don't know if that can be found for DVI or HDMI. If you are using VGA and can create a custom resolution with a doubled height on the graphics card you could try with an eDimensional dongle which can do sync doubling. You'd have to display videos in this mode (1280x1440@60Hz) in an above-and-below arrangement and the dongle would transform that into 1280x720@120Hz. No garanties on it working though...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Man, that is going to be tough. I think software pageflipping is probably the best option, but the Mac Mini (at least that model) might not have the horse-power to cut it. Even if you could buy an Nvidia GPU, I am not sure that would help since Nvidia does not support that exact model (they do support the HW536, so maybe you could use the inf). I imagine it would work with a newer AMD card, I can't say for sure (since I have neither a DLP projector nor an AMD card). But there is only so much that can be done with Intel GPU.
godwisper
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by godwisper »

Managed to reduce the jitters and have almost perfect 3D by ticking off an option in sterescopic player think related to not use hardware acceleration...

Now need to wait for next week for my salary to buy the full version of SP
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Great find!

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”