M3GA Voting Mechanism

GameGrade3D is a new gamer driven database of the top games, their best settings, and the visual results you can expect using DDD, iZ3D, NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision, and native 3D solutions.

Have questions and ideas for GameGrade3D? Share them here!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

M3GA Voting Mechanism

Post by Neil »

Hello everyone!

We are going through a process of designing an upgraded version of M3GA. All your feedback has been collected from the forums, and I think we have a good idea on how to move ahead effectively.

There is one component that we need to wrap our minds around, and I would value your input.

One of the big things is "voting" or giving the community an opportunity to help determine which profile submissions are the most accurate. I have a few ideas on how to do this, and I would value your feedback.

I. Automated voting

Based on input submitted by members, the system tallies which anomalies and fixes are most common. It could then create a system generated submission that is an algomation of earlier entries. The problem is that if anomalies are unique to specific mixes of hardware, then one person's problems could undermine an otherwise accurate score.

Have our members experienced S-3D driver anomalies or bugs that are unique to their specific graphics card or equipment? Can you share some examples of this?

II. Member Based Voting

Based on a list of profiles, members manually vote which submission is most accurate. For example, if there are five submissions for the same game, members could vote which submissions they agree with or submissions that accurately resemble their own S-3D experience.

III. Profile Completeness Rating

Instead of having profiles being rated by members or by patterns of input, profiles could be rated according to a mix of relevance (e.g. newer drivers) and level of detail (e.g. inclusion of screenshots, comments, attachments, etc.). This would be an automated system, but it would highly the profiles which had the most work put into them.

IV. Another option?

I'm open to ideas! Please share them here.

Regards,
Neil
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: M3GA Voting Mechanism

Post by Guig2000 »

I'm not sure that there is enough users for having a user based voting.
Maybe some mix of profile completeness rating and automated voting is a good idea.

It's a good idea because I can say that there is submissions which I disagree.

Also I think currently DDD and even more iZ3D are used by power user while 3D vision is more in use by mainstream users. So that I think, iZ3D and DDD users will be more aware than 3dvisions users about S3D artifacts, so that DDD and iZ3D drivers will be disadvantaged on the rating.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: M3GA Voting Mechanism

Post by Neil »

Thanks for the input. We have to put more thought into this - I'm hoping some of the updates will make for more accurate submissions.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “GameGrade3D Discussion”