Vuzix Wrap 1200VR is on sale.

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Vuzix Wrap 1200VR is on sale.

Post by 3dvison »

The VR model is up for order and the price is $599.99
That seems to be a lower price than most thought it would be, I thought it was going to be 699.99 ?

Anyone going to still be buying this with the Sony just a few months away ?
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Vuzix Wrap 1200VR is on sale.

Post by Chiefwinston »

I won't rule it out just yet. Spec. sheet buying is a poor way to buy 3D products. I'll be looking to sample all the up coming models.

cheers
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well I bought one. You know how I roll (and pitch, and yaw...).
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

I still want to get the 1200VR but I would like a review of them first...Thats where you come in cybereality..Hope they get to you quickly.

Since you had a VR920, please tell me how 1024*768 looks on the 1200VR compared to the VR920.
From memory I thought most people felt 1024*768 was unusable on the VR920.
So I really want to hear your opinion on how well the 1200VR scales 1024*768 and 1280*720 in windows with text.
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

Rule it out now. 720p with the new Sony HMD in November for only $200 more!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I got 3-day shipping. Hopefully it will come on Tuesday or Wednesday. Gonna need some time to write a proper review, but I will try to get it out as soon as I can.
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

cybereality wrote:I got 3-day shipping. Hopefully it will come on Tuesday or Wednesday. Gonna need some time to write a proper review, but I will try to get it out as soon as I can.
Great, counting on you man...Cant wait to see what you think.
I look forward to finding out just how big you feel the visual improvement is going from the VR920 to the 1200VR .
ShawmK
Cross Eyed!

Post by ShawmK »

Cybereality, good luck; I hope it comes on time!

I had an email from Vuzix on Thursday telling me the shipment would be in their warehouse on Friday and they would ship mine to me the same day. I've had no confirmation of shipping though... :(

At this rate, you may receive yours first!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

They said they have stock of the 1200VR on hand and ready to ship immediately. Not sure if they work weekends, though (hope so).
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

cybereality wrote:They said they have stock of the 1200VR on hand and ready to ship immediately. Not sure if they work weekends, though (hope so).
with no official announcement of cinemizer OLED - not much of a choice sony HMD[3D movies only] or wrap1200vr [full 3d gaming with tracker] ...i guess i will have it reviewed by cyber hopefully before i proceed further.....unless someone compares z800 optics to that of sony HMD - i will wait and watch....regd sony !
;)
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The Sony HMD can be used for 3D gaming, for example with a PS3. It doesn't look to have a headtracker, so maybe not a full VR kit out-of-box, but gaming is still possible.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

cybereality wrote:The Sony HMD can be used for 3D gaming, for example with a PS3. It doesn't look to have a headtracker, so maybe not a full VR kit out-of-box, but gaming is still possible.
if cinemizer OLED were to be official then i will get cinemizer OLED instead of vuzix 1200vr anytime...hope we have some news of cinemizer....

sony HMD is decided already - waiting for the release in INDIA so that i do not have to order it from USA.....
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

ancjob wrote: if cinemizer OLED were to be official then i will get cinemizer OLED instead of vuzix 1200vr anytime...hope we have some news of cinemizer....
Last thing I heard was that it was slated to come out in January/February of 2012. I am not waiting.
mAchiNE
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mAchiNE »

I am very interested to see what you think of the Wrap1200 VR Cyber, although I think I will wait for the Cinemizer OLED resoloution to be confirmed at 720p, if they are I will probably get the Cinemizer when it comes out for portable/freedomVR HMD and also get the Sony for non freedom VR stuff. If the Cinemizer never comes out (because of the Sony release) or is no better then the 1200VR then I will get the 1200VR and support Vuzix.
Vuzix are going to have to up their game now though with big company's like Sony releasing relatively high spec consumer level HMDs.

If I had more money I'd get all 3 just for comparison but at the moment I will only be getting the best 2 out of the 3.
Current System:
Oculus Rift Dev Kit, 3x 23" Passive 3D Monitors in 3D Vision Surround, Novint Falcon, 3rd Space Gaming Vest, ButtKicker, Razer Hydra, Logitech G25.
Previous 3D Systems:
Viewsonic PJD6531w 3D DLP Projector, Vuzix VR920, 24" Alienware and 22" Samsung 3D Vision Monitors, eDimensional 3D Glasses with 19" CRT Monitor
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yes, it is going to be very interesting to see what a company like Vuzix will do once Sony is in the game.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

mAchiNE wrote:I am very interested to see what you think of the Wrap1200 VR Cyber, although I think I will wait for the Cinemizer OLED resoloution to be confirmed at 720p, if they are I will probably get the Cinemizer when it comes out for portable/freedomVR HMD and also get the Sony for non freedom VR stuff. If the Cinemizer never comes out (because of the Sony release) or is no better then the 1200VR then I will get the 1200VR and support Vuzix.
Vuzix are going to have to up their game now though with big company's like Sony releasing relatively high spec consumer level HMDs.

If I had more money I'd get all 3 just for comparison but at the moment I will only be getting the best 2 out of the 3.
you stole the words out of my mouth....mAchiNE for i will get both cinemizer OLED and sony HMD whenever they are ready for shipping !

vuzix seems way too inferior to park my funds unless they got at least 800x600 and above non reflective LCOS with diag. fov 40+ with superb contrast and image enhancements....i guess they have to do a miracle to save themselves from plunging into oblivion just like headplay , cheapo toys like wrap1200vr will not work to get them great business....after all it's business as usual..
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

For me, its really riding on how good of a tracker the 1200VR has. If its really good I think it will be worthwhile.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”