How I use my 3D TV (games + video + pictures) - 3D video

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

How I use my 3D TV (games + video + pictures) - 3D video

Post by Freke1 »

This is how I use my 3D TV every day.
Shot with 2 cameras through another pair of Nvidia 3D glasses :shutter , so this is what I see myself.

[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay92SsTDx2Y[/youtube-hd]

The TV is Samsung PS50B450 (from 2009) - (50" 1360*768 checkerboard 3D and ghosting) but it works like a monitor every day without problems or anormalities etc. Happy with it for 2 years!

With 2 cameras + StereoMovie Maker (free) + StereoPhoto Maker (free) one can have a lot of 3D fun.
Haven't seen a lot of 3D videos of a 3D TV in action at home so I thought I would make my own. :)
Hope You like it.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: How I use my 3D TV (games + video + pictures) - 3D video

Post by cybereality »

Very cool man. Thanks for making this.

You say there is ghosting. But I thought DLP didn't have ghosting.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Thanks, it is a plasma TV, not DLP. I've read that ghosting is not an issue on most of the new plasma TV's.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Great video!
It's a funny look seeing your head when the weapon is swaying back and forward in the game.
It's a good 3d-rig and works nicely!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

I have this tv also. Its been ok for movies but on games its just terrible :(
You have been using this a monitor for 2 year? Isnt the screen burnt to hell? These things get instant image retention. I would hate to think what would happen if it sat on the desktop over night.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I haven't noticed any image retention even though it's on many hours every day. Maybe it happens and I just don't notice it. Offcause the ghosting and the 1360*768 checkerboard is noticable close up like I sit, but when the game is playing I don't think about it. A full HD non checkerboard would be bettar for sure, and I look forward to getting one in the future. For now this works everyday no hassel.
What are You guys using?
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Would you mind taking a photo of this image on your TV to see how the ghosting is :
http://www.tridef.com/support/images/co ... 080-lr.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?

Thank you.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

As I mentioned this TV ghosts (can't go from white to black fast enough - gray is ok as You can see)
This is AFTER adjusting contrast and brightness to minimize ghosting. I'm looking forward to buying a Full HD non checkerboard non ghosting 50" TV, but I have been happy about this setup because there is no hassel. That a big deal to me. Nvidia's 3D glasses are GREAT!

Samsung PS50B450 50" 3D TV (2009) ghosting:

Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

I found the best way to remove ghosting with this set is to crank up the gamma, but is washes out all the shadows and makes the games look 2d anyway.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Thanks for the picture. That black/white ghosting is really awful, I really did expect much better from a Plasma display. The grey ghosting is pretty much non apparent though, usual with Plasma displays, but I guess overall the experience shouldn't look very good.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

That ghosting is not great, but it is not horrible either. If you look on the gray there is nearly no ghosting at all. So I'm sure it still looks alright for playing games or movies.

I still don't have a proper HDTV/projector for my house but I am not sure I need one. I just don't have company over that frequently and for my own personal use I am fine with a monitor/HMD. Still be cool to have though.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

I recently took the plunge and bought a projector, and I would not go back now. Viewing movies or playing 3D games on a 110" screen is great, it really gives a cinema experience at home. And I really don't need company to game or watch movies, although it's pretty cool when friend come by.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I agree. I think it's more "natural" for 3d'ers to go the projector route for a big screen gain. Bigger is of course better even in 2d but in 3d 110" really kicks", like the immersion is "squared" compared to 2d.
Nah well, maybe it's just my imagination... :mrgreen:
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”