First ever 4G HTC Evo 3D Stereo 'Glasses Free' Phone.

slipstream
Cross Eyed!

First ever 4G HTC Evo 3D Stereo 'Glasses Free' Phone.

Post by slipstream »

I'm getting one. Anyone else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CToyBY21UxI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: First ever 4G HTC Evo 3D Stereo 'Glasses Free' Phone.

Post by skrubol »

<Raises hand>
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Looks great but I just bought a phone. Plus its on Sprint.
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

Hey Cybers. I know you will not be able to resist owning a 3D Phone when they are released. You have a reputation to uphold. :lol:
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I might pick one up...
Ol' trusty how i will miss you.... :cry:
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

slipstream wrote:Hey Cybers. I know you will not be able to resist owning a 3D Phone when they are released. You have a reputation to uphold. :lol:
Yeah, I know. This gets expensive real quick!
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by skrubol »

Slipstream, did you end up getting one? How do you like it? I'm loving Android and Sense so far.
mAchiNE
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mAchiNE »

Can anyone reccomend this phone? also has anyone used the LG Optimus 3D phone? I am thinking about getting one but not sure which one is better
Current System:
Oculus Rift Dev Kit, 3x 23" Passive 3D Monitors in 3D Vision Surround, Novint Falcon, 3rd Space Gaming Vest, ButtKicker, Razer Hydra, Logitech G25.
Previous 3D Systems:
Viewsonic PJD6531w 3D DLP Projector, Vuzix VR920, 24" Alienware and 22" Samsung 3D Vision Monitors, eDimensional 3D Glasses with 19" CRT Monitor
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by skrubol »

If you're on, or want to go with Sprint, the Evo3d is great. 3d works in portrait and landscape (it may be the only device to do this, although portrait doesn't work as well,) and it's a really solid Android phone.
mAchiNE

Post by mAchiNE »

In my country none of these phones are officially supported but I can get Imported unlocked phones of both LG Optimus 3D and HTC EVO 3D, I looked at a lot of reviews last night and from that it seems that the HTC has slightly better hardware and is generally a slightly better phone (higher resoloution screens and cameras) the LG is supposed to have a better implementation of the 3D function (at least in the software side), I did notice (in video reviews) that the LG does have a really nice looking 3D interface/menu where the HTC has a pretty plain non 3D menu for the 3D function.

Has anyone used both phones? (I cant go into a store for a comparison)

@skrubol
interesting that the 3D works in both portrait and landscape modes, I never saw anyone mention that on the reviews, can you confirm about the 3D interface on the HTC being fairly plain? even though the menu is just the menu its nice when showing other people for it to give a nice impression of 3D to try get more people to like this stuff
Current System:
Oculus Rift Dev Kit, 3x 23" Passive 3D Monitors in 3D Vision Surround, Novint Falcon, 3rd Space Gaming Vest, ButtKicker, Razer Hydra, Logitech G25.
Previous 3D Systems:
Viewsonic PJD6531w 3D DLP Projector, Vuzix VR920, 24" Alienware and 22" Samsung 3D Vision Monitors, eDimensional 3D Glasses with 19" CRT Monitor
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by skrubol »

None of the menus on the Evo are 3d at all. There is some 3d effect, but it isn't using the screen in stereoscopic mode.
Having 3d on the interface really isn't something I would ever use (other than to show it off.) The loss in resolution due to being in 3d mode would far outweigh the gain of having the 3d effect.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I got to try out the Evo 3D in the store this weekend. It looked really nice. Probably just as good as the 3DS in terms of the 3D effect. I would want one, but I'm on Verizon.
mAchiNE

Post by mAchiNE »

what I mean is that the LG has 3D only in the 3D menu not the regular menu (i.e. the 3D menu to choose between 3D pics, camera, videos games etc) yes it is not really important functionally but it is nice when showing off 3D to people I think. I really wish I could try these phones before buying one! It is basically $1000 for these phones here so I really wanna get the best one but they seem to be very close spec wise (with the exception of the HTC having a slightly higher Resolution screen)
Current System:
Previous 3D Systems:

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”