a few question about vuzix vr920

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
joyceanblue2
One Eyed Hopeful

a few question about vuzix vr920

Post by joyceanblue2 »

hi guys, i am planning to buy vuxiz vr920, i have a few questions and i can not find their answers.
it is mainly about the 3d on this hmd. i do some animation work so i was wondering what type of 3d does it accept, i plan to render different images for each eye, so is it possible to send different images to each lcd in the unit? can you tell me how is it done? there is only one vga cable so how does it handle two different lcds? is it like you make one movie with both the images (for left and right eye) next to eachother and it displays half of the movie in one lcd and half in other ?
do you guys watch blu-ray 3D movies on it as well? (playing through the pc) how is the result if you do?
i read here that wrap920 is better that vr920, the specs look almost the same....so wht is the difference in terms of quality of the display..
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: a few question about vuzix vr920

Post by cybereality »

Don't bother with the VR920 at this point. The Wrap 920VR is a lot better, especially in terms of compatibility. Wrap line supports side-by-side input, meaning you can play games, watch 3d blu-ray, etc. with no problem. The VR920 only supports a special kind of page-flipping, which limits compatibility. In fact, after I upgraded my computer I was not able to get it to work anymore, particularly with videos. Basically, don't buy it. I would recommend waiting for the Wrap 1200VR, which will be out this month. If you need something now then the Wrap 920VR would be a better choice.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”