3D Software

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Pixel
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Software

Post by Pixel »

Hello

I am new around here and the forum looks very active, so i thought I would sign up and ask a question.

I am wanting to convert my wedding video footage to 3D using software for Windows 7. I currently have the following hardware:

Acer HN274H (3D LCD)
2x Nvidia GTX 580 video cards
Windows 7 x64
Nvidia NVISION 3D Glasses

I have read a fair bit from my Google searches on 2D to 3D software, but I wasn't sure which one I should I buy, so i came here :)

Thanks.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 3D Software

Post by cybereality »

There is free software, Gimpel 3D, thats supposed to be good. Haven't used it myself yet. Maybe worth taking a look:
http://www.gimpel3d.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pixel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Pixel »

Thanks!
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

I would say don't waste your time trying to convert 2D videos to 3D, studios with hundred of dedicated people and specialized software tools aren't even able to provide something good in dozens of weeks, I don't see how you could do it better on your own with a freeware 2D-3D conversion software. You can still try, you'll probably learn a ton of things in doing so, but don't expect anything really good.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I do agree that most conversions are not great. But it can be done. For example, Priest looked very nice and that was mostly a conversion (live-action was all shot in 2d, but they rendered the cg in 3d). But they did have hundreds of people working for like 6 months on it.
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

Fredz wrote:I would say don't waste your time trying to convert 2D videos to 3D, studios with hundred of dedicated people and specialized software tools aren't even able to provide something good in dozens of weeks, I don't see how you could do it better on your own with a freeware 2D-3D conversion software. You can still try, you'll probably learn a ton of things in doing so, but don't expect anything really good.
I beg to differ. You just need a lot of time, patience and an artist's eye.

http://house-on-haunted-hill-3d.blogspo ... d-two.html
Pixel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Pixel »

I don't necessary want freeware, happy to buy.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”