Examine This 2D to 3D Music Video Conversion

Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Examine This 2D to 3D Music Video Conversion

Post by Synexious »

What do you think of this conversion? It looks fine to me. I didn't see any errors. If I can convert all my 2D content this well, I'll be satisfied. I don't know what software was used, but I've posted a query.
[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRXXQhkT ... re=related[/youtube-hd]
I considered posting this in the 2D to 3D conversion forums, but they seem to be about still photos only.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Examine This 2D to 3D Music Video Conversion

Post by Neil »

Thanks for the contribution. In this case, I think this sample is terrible. :cry:

If you watch the video closely, the L/R images get reversed regularly. There were also parts where things flash into discomfort, and I discovered that there are portions where the left and right view have completely different angles - not left/right view, more like different scenes altogether. I don't know how else to describe it.

Try again! :D

Regards,
Neil
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

ohhh, umm, err hmmm.
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

I'm sure you're a much better judge than I am, especially since you probably watched it on a 3D monitor in fullscreen. I don't yet have a 3D monitor (though I finally will next week!), so I was only able to watch in crosseyed mode, and I didn't really analyze it; I just liked the simple fact that there was any depth at all. I didn't make this, BTW.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I'm sorry, but that video is pretty bad. I am not even sure if it was made correctly, since I kept swapping the left and right and I couldn't tell what was better. I mean, there was some sort of 3D effect, it just wasn't very good.

If you want to see some cool 3D, check out:
http://www.3dvisionlive.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can use cheap anaglyph glasses, or the 3D Vision glasses when you get them. They have some really nice content on that site (and yes, girls in bikinis and stuff like that I'm sure you'd like).
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

Haha no need to apologize. I just glanced at this and thought, "Hey, there's depth where there wasn't before!" The simple fact that 2D video can have any semblance of stereoscopy added through an automated process seems like magic to me. Maybe in forty or fifty years we'll have programs that can convert any 2D video into Avatar quality. It's certainly far from good 3D, but I'd rather have bad 3D than just plain 2D. Most people probably prefer 2D over bad 3D, though.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The L+R syncronization is too poor to judge. Maybe it's timeshift which actually makes the "3d-effect"...
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”