IZ3D and Fresnel Lenses.

slipstream
Cross Eyed!

IZ3D and Fresnel Lenses.

Post by slipstream »

I realise that it is possible to hook up 2 of these monitors using 2 cards in non sli config, and then extend 2nd monitor to primary display. However, staring at a large bezel is the downside. 2 fresnel lenses would eliminate the bezel and provide a seamless image. Has anyone tested if 3D still works with polarised and fresnel lenses? 8)

If that is not possible, does nvidia support 2 screens in 3D, either with 1 card or 2? :shutter

Thanks in advance.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: IZ3D and Fresnel Lenses.

Post by Okta »

While i have not tested i believe a fresnel lens will muck up the polarization on the iz2d and not work. The nvidia solutions on the other hand should be fine.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

however it's possible to use th2g + iz3d
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

Th2go and 3d? That would be awesome. However, welder has never explained how he achieved it.
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

The nvidia stuff does not work with more than one monitor in 3d.
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

Actually it does work with a th2go.

EDIT: That is, with CRT or DLP projectors with high enough refresh. Dunno about checkerboard solutions and such.
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

Not the digital version as the max refresh rate is circa 59hz. Not sure about the analog though, anyone?

I am thinking that 2 X 120hz monitors plugged into both ports on vid card, expanded desktop mode. Would that not give s3d? If not I am very surprised that nvidia never thought about that. I could have 2 X PJ's side by side for instance.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

slipstream wrote:Th2go and 3d? That would be awesome. However, welder has never explained how he achieved it.
Simply plugged it in, and changed a setting in our driver config that we added specifically for this. I'm sure I could find it out for you again.. but once again, I can't officially support this. So, if you wanted to spend the money for 2 TH2GO and 3 monitors, you can. But I can't make any guarantee that it would indeed work well, or at all.
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

Hi Welder, thanks for your input. I already have TH2GO, so its a start. If you could explain the process in detail for me I would happily take the risk. Thanks so far. :shutter
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

I tried a fresnel, screws up polarization, sadly.
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

PalmerTech wrote:I tried a fresnel, screws up polarization, sadly.
What'd you try? Cybereality said it worked for him.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Fresnel works on the Zalman at least. Can't speak for IZ3D.
cadcoke5

Post by cadcoke5 »

A recent discussion on Head Mounted Displays talked about this issue, with the report that Fresnel's didn't mess up polarization.

Re: Cyber's Crazy DIY HMD Project
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 410#p60410" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe Dunfee

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”