Stereoscopic Player now with Bluray 3D support

Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Stereoscopic Player now with Bluray 3D support

Post by Gae43 »

Some of you may not know this but Peter Wimmer has now added Bluray 3D support to Stereoscopic Player. It can now read the 3D movie directly from the SSIF files on the disc. All you need to do is decrypt the movie first and have a super duper quad core computer. Alternatively you can rip and re-compress it too. I'm over the moon about this. I've had my one Bluray 3D of Monster House for a few months and haven't been able to watch it in 3D...until now...finally. I'll be buying more Bluray 3D movies from now on. I can't afford a 3D TV at the moment so this Bluray 3D support in Stereoscopic Player is great news.

Gae

My House on Haunted Hill 3D conversion..

http://house-on-haunted-hill-3d.blogspo ... ard-3.html
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Stereoscopic Player now with Bluray 3D support

Post by cybereality »

Actually, it doesn't quite support Blu-Ray 3D yet. What was added is support for the MVC codec, which is used on Blu-Ray 3D. But you cannot play the BD directly, you still need to do some funky business to get it to play.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

Gae43 wrote:Some of you may not know this but Peter Wimmer has now added Bluray 3D support to Stereoscopic Player. It can now read the 3D movie directly from the SSIF files on the disc. All you need to do is decrypt the movie first and have a super duper quad core computer. Alternatively you can rip and re-compress it too. I'm over the moon about this. I've had my one Bluray 3D of Monster House for a few months and haven't been able to watch it in 3D...until now...finally. I'll be buying more Bluray 3D movies from now on. I can't afford a 3D TV at the moment so this Bluray 3D support in Stereoscopic Player is great news.

Gae

My House on Haunted Hill 3D conversion..

http://house-on-haunted-hill-3d.blogspo ... ard-3.html

Pal - how do you watch 3D when you do not have 3dTV
what kind of 3d do you have from blu-ray - is it side-by side / up and down / left right / interlaced 3d / page-flipping VGA ?

Do you have 3d projecter or HMD or the 3D vision kit from nvidia to get the 3d thru ?

i also do not have the 3D TV like to know how are u able to get the 3d from Blu-ray ?

what equipment u have besides the quad-core processor enabled computer ?
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

Pal - how do you watch 3D when you do not have 3dTV
what kind of 3d do you have from blu-ray - is it side-by side / up and down / left right / interlaced 3d / page-flipping VGA ?

Do you have 3d projecter or HMD or the 3D vision kit from nvidia to get the 3d thru ?

i also do not have the 3D TV like to know how are u able to get the 3d from Blu-ray ?

what equipment u have besides the quad-core processor enabled computer ?
Sorry for the late response...only just seen this now.

It's a long process but with 2 of my 3D Blu-Ray Movies I have used AnyDvd HD (trial version) to decrypt the movies and a very hard to find freeware called SiffSucka which will rip and re-build the 3D part of the movie. It takes about 24 hours to do and I only ended up with a lower 720p resolution 3D version in side by side format. Then I can watch the 3d version in Peter Wimmer's Stereoscopic player, output to page flip, Xtreme 3D shutter glasses and the Infocus X1 projector.....at 1024 resolution, 85 Hz using a 3.2 Gb Dual Core processor. Of course it's not 1080p 3D but it's the best I can achieve at the moment. I'm happy with it and it looks fine in my eyes. I just want to watch the movie in 3D in a decent resolution until I can afford an upgrade.

Gae

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”