Best 2d to 3d options?

knight2255
One Eyed Hopeful

Best 2d to 3d options?

Post by knight2255 »

Was wondering if anybody can report as to the how the 3d looks for both hardware and software solutions.

Is anybody using the Avermedia H727 card to convert 2d tv to 3d?

What software solutions are there? I've heard powerdvd and tmt are not that impressive.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Best 2d to 3d options?

Post by cybereality »

There is power dvd 10 and tmt3. Both have ok conversion features, but the are nothing to write home about. The tridef video player also has this feature. Again, its not that great. You should try one of those programs, as you might like it. Some people do. And at times they can produce a decent effect. But most of the time its just a cheap trick. I have plans to create a quality 2d-3d conversion app, but it probably won't come out for like 2 years.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

3dfier filter plugin is another but the result is absolutely horrid.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

yes, get a studio of 100+ animators to do everything frame by frame. otherwise don't bother.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

yuriythebest wrote:yes, get a studio of 100+ animators to do everything frame by frame. otherwise don't bother.
And, even then, the quality still doesn't match true stereoscopy.
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

cybereality wrote:
yuriythebest wrote:yes, get a studio of 100+ animators to do everything frame by frame. otherwise don't bother.
And, even then, the quality still doesn't match true stereoscopy.
The Star Wars 3D rereleases (2012-2017) may be able to match native stereoscopy. They're going to be the most advanced 3D conversions ever. Maybe George and ILM will even manage to match Avatar.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Aphradonis wrote: The Star Wars 3D rereleases (2012-2017) may be able to match native stereoscopy. They're going to be the most advanced 3D conversions ever. Maybe George and ILM will even manage to match Avatar.
They might look good (I hope), but its still not going to be as good quality as a native 3D production like Avatar. In this case I think thats OK, because they are classic movies that could not be brought into 3D any other way. But there is no excuse for filming a movie today, in 2011, in 2D and then converting it in post. That's just lame.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

There are some classic movie conversions getting done by individuals floating around the net that are surprisingly effective in many parts but still have many compromises. They are using various software and spending a lot of encoding time on them.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, I believe it can be done. But the current methods are naive. I have a better method, but I plan to turn it into a commercial product at some point so I can't discuss further.
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

How do these programs work with videogames, and which do you recommend? I'm interested in converting 2D console game footage to 3D.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

You can try Movavi, if you insist, but the quality is not good:
http://www.movavi.com/videoconverter3d/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thomas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Thomas »

I just saw this post and downloaded the trial. I am attempting as we speak to convert the first episode of the live action SUPERBOY series. I have it set for grey anaglyph.

The site says it also supports shutter lenses but I haven't found that yet? So far all I can see is side by side and various anaglyph formats.
The Honorable Thomas A. McKean, HOKC
http://www.thomasamckean.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.neurointegrity.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Partner in Policymaking
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle (Appeared on Oprah)
Author, Light On the Horizon: A Deeper View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
libra65
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: I tried something interesting you can check below.

Post by libra65 »

Hello! I read your article frequently and it's awesome and helpful. You provided great knowledgeable information. Such a great site. It's my Blog You can Visit Here.
jazzwalims123
One Eyed Hopeful

Jazz Walims

Post by jazzwalims123 »

You provided great knowledge information. You made it easy for me to understand. It's awesome and helpful, also this post is very nicely written and it also contains many good facts. It's my Blog You can Visit Here.
<a href="https://bit.ly/39mAJd6">check</a>
Willilevi00
One Eyed Hopeful

William Levis

Post by Willilevi00 »

Hello, This post was extremely interesting and good article right to the point. I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And I'm glad reading your article. Thank you for sharing very valuable information. Here is my blog you can Visit Here.
PPorquer3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PPorquer3D »

Synexious wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:00 am ......
The Star Wars 3D rereleases (2012-2017) may be able to match native stereoscopy. They're going to be the most advanced 3D conversions ever. Maybe George and ILM will even manage to match Avatar.
I missed those, are there any blurays out there, or how can i get to see them

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”