Dolby introduces lighter, cheaper 3D glasses to better compe

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Dolby introduces lighter, cheaper 3D glasses to better c

Post by yuriythebest »

Professional advices:
http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f16/t000436.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wow that was very "different"- (cinema owners I assume) discussing getting either Reald 3d or Dolbly and all the contractual issues- haha- a very different forum indeed :)
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
jackbauer
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Dolby introduces lighter, cheaper 3D glasses to better c

Post by jackbauer »

Likay,

I have been thinking about how much the panels would suffer from the beam reflected back to them by the external dolby filter.

Straight calculation leaves too many unknowns. But you can apprehend the problem globally, if you think of it:

Assume you project a black image: Nothing is transmitted. All the light energy is absorbed by the panels. This is maximum heating for them. The dolby filters do not reflect back, of course.

You now project a white image: Everything is transmitted and nothing is absorbed by the panels. This is minimum heating for them. The dolby filter sends back 60% of the light, which is not absorbed by the panels either, assuming they get the whole reflection. They heat much less than when you project black!! Not very harmfull.... :)

Have you ever refrained from sending a black image for a long time? I guess no.

Jack

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”