Nvidia 3D Vision Clone?

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Nvidia 3D Vision Clone?

Post by Dom »

Try to use this tutorial at nvidia forums along with your emitter emulator http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?show ... board&st=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hope it works for you.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Hello,

I'm posting because i'm desperate... :cry:

I've try to install the patch for the emulation of the 3D Vision.

I install the 3D Vision driver and then the emulation as the procedure.

Everything goes well until the driver installation.

Once I run the enablestereo.bat, the window start, the new USB device is detected and automatically installed by the windows update as Entry USB device (maybe not exactly good translation as my system is in french "Périferique d'entrée USB"). Then I have a "!" on the device manager front of the USB device and a comment on property "this device cannot start".

I've tried many times to uninstall the driver and install again, but no way it's always the same problem. I found no way to "force" the driver.

I've tried these drivers:
GeForce_3D_Vision_driver_v185.85
NVIDIA_3D_Vision_v266.21_driver
NVIDIA_3D_Vision_v266.58_driver
270.61-notebook-win7-winvista-32bit-international-whql
Always the same problem.

I've tried to manually update the driver by selecting C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA StereoUSB Driver, but windows refuse to install as "windows has defined that the current driver is the latest version available"...

I've tried to download the emulator twice to be sure there is no corrupted file.
I've tried on two different laptop as HP pavilion dv7 32bit Win7 Home and a MacBook Pro 64bit Win7 Home with both Geforce card.

I've been trying for several hours and I have no more idea... maybe i'm doing something wrong ?

Thanks for your comment.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

see if you can install the usb 3d nvidia drivers. If not then your video card does not support 3d. You get them them from me here. They are the 270.61 version and they should be included with nvidias normal workset drivers now. ftp://www.adaptengagecns.publicvm.com/N ... Driver.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope i don't get in trouble from the fbi :oops:
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Nick3DvB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Nick3DvB »

First disable getting drivers from windows update: http://www.dkszone.net/stop-disable-win ... ng-drivers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also disable User Account Control, then remove all nvidia drivers and reboot.

Run the emulator then go to device manager and remove the "Périferique d'entrée USB" device if it is there.

Then just install the lastest 270.61 drivers, if the USB device does not install then run NvIRUSB.exe from C:\NVIDIA\NV3DVisionUSB.Driver\...

Good luck!

8-)
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Thanks for your message.

I've tried the following.

Install the file from Dom, start the emulator, uninstall the driver, reinstall. Window reinstall the "bad" driver (périférique d'entrée USB).

Then I tried Nick3DvB way.
- disable windows update as the link
- disable UAC
- remove all nvidia driver
- uninstall the "bad" driver
REBOOT
- Install the 270.61 driver
REBOOT (requested by the NVIDIA Driver).
- start the emulator
-> windows always install the bad driver, no way to change anything ... :'(
- uninstall the "bad driver
- run C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\270.61\Vista 64-bit\International\NV3DVisionUSB.Driver\NvIRUSB.exe
-> during the install, the a new USB component is detected (the emulator) and windows install again the f..... wrong driver
- uninstall the wrong driver (again)
- detect the change in window for new device
-> windows reinstall the wrong driver...

I really don't know what to do, it seems that there is no chance of selecting the correct driver...
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

Start the emulator then remove the "Périferique d'entrée USB" device (if there is a tick box saying something like "delete the driver for this device" then tick that box) DO NOT REBOOT now run NvIRUSB.exe again and see if it will install the nvidia driver. If not you can force it, first extract NvIRUSB.exe to a folder using WinRAR, then click on the USB device and go update driver, then update it manually by selecting "let me choose" -> "list all devices" -> "I have disc / select location" (I can't remember the exact names) then select nvstusb.inf and install it. Good luck....
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Actually i already tried that.

I don't have the tick box to delete the driver, i think it's that the main problem.

Then windows always install the driver and don't let me choose it. I have no idea how to disable that automatic install.

If I try to update the driver and select it as you explain, windows then refuse to install and says that the latest driver is already installed -windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date-, also no idea how to bypass that.

I'm really stuck on that, it's crazy...

Edit:
It seems that windows automatically install the "windows update" driver of my USB mouse. I use the same mouse on both computer so that could explain why I'm stuck on both.
Question is: How can I force the driver, or how can I completely delete this driver...
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

I force driver installs on windows 7 all the time, it can be done, try this: http://www.ehow.com/how_6299394_force-w ... ivers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can you post a screenshot of the device manager with the emulator running and with USB and unknown devices expanded (+)

I just want to make sure you are updating the correct device!
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Actually at this step I don't have this option: Click on the "Driver" tab. Select "Update." Click on "No, not this time" then "Next" if using Windows XP

I think it's related to my Home edition of windows. Using Vista pro at work, I'm able to select this option.

The device is the device which appear/disappear on the device manager when i start/stop the emulator.

I've tried an other way. I've extract the driver file directly from nvUSBInst.exe and install by this option on the device manager "install old generation device" to be able to select the driver manually. Unfortunately it didn't work either.

EDIT:
On my 32bit computer, it suddenly install the good driver, really crazy because I was about to give up when it suddenly install. I didn't even do anything special...

But now when Ii select the 120Hz mode it always directly go back to 60Hz. It was working at 120Hz before.. I feel that I will have to buy the 3D-XL at 350$.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

What display have you got? You might need to load a .inf driver to get 120Hz.
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

It's an optoma projector 3d ready DLP-Link. It should work. Connected with HDMI I have no problem to run it at 120Hz.

With VGA, the 120Hz option is available on the NVIDIA panel but once enabled, it always come back at 60Hz. Then by the windows setting it's possible to force it at 120Hz but there is some resolution problems.

If i'm correct, this trick should work only on VGA and not in HDMI ? Because with HDMI everything looks to work well but the quad buffer still not enabled, and I don't have the stereoscopic options.

I will try to load the Acer_H5360modded.inf to see if something happend
EDIT:
Same problem, cannot force the inf file. Windows always say the latest version is alrealdy installed. I think it's because of the Home edition of windows...
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

What exact model projector and graphics card? Is the projector 3Dvision certified? If not you will need an .inf

I can't understand why you can't force the driver installs, have have done this on Home Edition windows before??
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

My graphic card is GeForce 9600M GT and my projector is an Optoma EW536. The projector is not certified 3D Vision but able to run 120Hz and is 3D ready.

I don't understand either. This is a standard non-OEM Windows Seven Home. At my work I often need to force the driver (we use uncommon USB driver for our machine) and I never had problem. The difference is that it's Windows Pro.

I've checked online and saw many description "how to force the driver" but I can never choose the driver. The option simply do not appear. Maybe there is an option somewhere.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

I just checked a 7 Home PC, I can force driver installs ok???

Device manager -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for driver software

-> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer -> Have Disk -> Browse -> Done!
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Yes finally get the tricks... there-> http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/197464- ... t-one.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. the problem is that i was browsing the folder. Damned. [noob] :oops:

Thanks for your help Nick3DvB. Now no problem to run in 120Hz in HDMI and VGA.

Now it's getting better, but still not able to activate the quad buffer. so what I did:
- Last driver installed 270.61 (maybe the problem is there, i should maybe use an old one ... ?)
- NVidia Vision emulator ON and recognized by the system
- NVidia Vision player installed
- Projector patched as ACER H5360

I've tried by HDMI and VGA, every times patched with the ACER inf.

And I still do not get it. Did I miss one step ? :?:

Attached some print screen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

You do not seem to have any 3Dvision options in the nvidia control panel at all!?

That is very strange because even without an emitter you should still have 3Dvision "Discover" anaglyph mode.

Maybe try disabling the laptop LCD screen and just output to the projector (do this in the BIOS if you can and then reboot)

If that doesn't work I am out of ideas... Maybe the 9600M is not supported?? :(
Last edited by Nick3DvB on Thu May 12, 2011 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Actually I never had the stereoscopic option, only what you see on the previous print screen, and that on both computer.

But my graphic card should work, as it's listed there:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision- ... ments.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actually only for Blu-ray 3D playback[1][3] so there should be the problem... :woot:
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

The 9600M is not on that list but it is supported by 3Dvision: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=155585" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3D Bluray will work but the MVC decoding will be done by the CPU so it might be a bit jerky.

I can't understand why you don't have 3Dvision in the control panel??

Either the main 3Dvision driver did not install properly (not the emitter driver)

or the dual-display is disabling 3Dvision, did you try disabling the laptop screen and just using the projector?
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Very strange, I think I will write directly to NVidia to figure it out.

I've tried to disable it on the BIOS but there is no option for that.

I've also always disabling the laptop screen so all the tests I did is with the projector as the only display. I've also tried to disable the laptop display and reboot, so it reboot directly on the projector (except the BIOS) and still the same.

Same on my MC Book pro.

I don't know if I will finally be able to make it, or if still wait several more month that the 3d-XL box at 350$ :( is available on my country, or buy a new computer...

Anyway thanks for your strong support Nick3DvB :)
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

No problem, I hope nvidia can help you, but I would not mention the emulator though... lol ;)

I don't think it is a hardware problem, maybe try something like Driver Sweeper or a clean windows install?

I hope you can get it working, let me know how you get on, good luck with it!
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Well,

I think it's clear...
Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care

This is Arun assisting you with your query

I understand from your email that you are facing issues while trying to install the 3 D Vision kit on your Laptop

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused but please note that the GeForce 9600 M GT is not supported by the 3 D Vision drivers and hence we would not be able to install the 3 D Vision drivers on the Laptop with this graphics card

Again I am sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused but please feel free to contact us for any further queries and we would be glad to assist you
Damned
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

Damn. :(

Even though the 9600M is not officialy supported a few people seem to have got it working, maybe try older drivers.

But if you can't get 3Dvision working you can still watch 3D video using Sview player: http://www.sview.ru/en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Actually I can watch it, but the eye side is always switching... then after 2min you only want to vomit with a big headache ^^ Is this software fixing this problem ? I don't think so because I still need the quad buffer...

Actually i feel a bit scammed because I bought this graphic card, the quad buffer is in it but I cannot use it because of some software "lock". it's like you buy a car and you have to pay some extra money to enable to electrical window to open it...

I will try this software with no real hope :)
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

I know how you feel, you might find this thread interesting:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... st20174467" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I linked to my post about Sview, it has the best quad-buffer emulation I have found.

I hope it does the trick!

:)
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Thanks for the link and your explaination.

Indeed, no more eye swapping :D but there is some freeze. At some moment, it's almost like 2 frames / sec. At least you don't vomit after 5 min.

I've tried to set the PID priority at high but it didn't helped. I will try to adjust some settings of my computer in order to increase the speed.
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

I found something I'm going to try: http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/help/opengl.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will see if it work :D

Otherwise maybe a USB graphic card or something like that.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

To prevent freezing in sview try disabling all power management in control panel (set to high performance, stop hard disk spin-down etc)

You can also try playing with the smooth filter and vsync settings in sview.

I'm affraid that soft-Quadro hacks do not work on new cards / drivers, it had been tried before, there is a thread on here about it.

I think your best chance is to try older drivers or maybe patch the inf files of new driver somehow with the 9600M hardware ID.
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

Hello,
Try to run enablestereo.bat by type it into cmd line instead of directly double clicking in it.
If it does works, create a shortcut and be aware that the "start in" field is full- filled and match the path of the batch file.
In example: if the target is "D:\Logiciels\3Dvision\enablestereo.bat", the start in path must be "D:\Logiciels\3Dvision" if not the virtual device will not be activated correctly.
DaveDean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DaveDean »

Hi Guys ,
I'm NEW here but I found this very interesting and would like to know more.

I do NOT have a GeForce 3D card yet but I want to buy one as I have a Projector (HD66 3D compatible).

Can anyone tell me what I need to buy in order to use the USB emulator ?
What does this USB Emulator saves me from buying and what 3D Glasses should I get ?

Thank you all !
Every word is appreciated in my search for knowledge... :)

Dave
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Hi Dave,

This emulator is only to enable the function in some locked graphic card. If you're going to buy it, look that the quad buffer function is available and you shouldn't need to do any special tricks to use it.

there is some nvidia quad-something.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

3Dvision works on most Geforce 8 or newer cards but some low-end desktop and laptop cards are blocked:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision- ... ments.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't buy a Quadro workstation card with OpenGL quad-buffer because they are very expensive and you don't need it.

For DLP projectors this emulator means you don't need to spend $200 on the 3Dvision kit (USB emitter & Nvidia 3D glasses)

You can use DLP-link type glasses instead, they are cheaper ($50) and look just as good:

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/uldlpliwi3dg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.amazon.com/Jet-Black-DLP-LIN ... 564&sr=1-6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.amazon.com/3DTV-Window%C2%AE ... 36&sr=1-82" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you're not bothered about playing games or bluray then your current graphics card will probably be able to play 3D videos (side-by-side mkv files etc).

To do this you just need the DLP-link glasses and the free Sview video player, instructions here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... st20174467" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

btw, you can also enable 3D video on ATI/AMD HD5000 or HD6000 cards but you will need extra software to enable 3D for games (IZ3D or DDD TriDef).

I hope all that that makes sense!

8-)
Last edited by Nick3DvB on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DaveDean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DaveDean »

This makes a LOT of sense !! :)

I am really NOT interested in games but only in playhing the MKV videos (side by side 3D).

So in that case - I have 2 questions :

1. Which software will do the "merging" of the side-by-side video ?
At the moment I use it on my Samsung 3D TV and I have a button on the remote (called 3D...obviously) who asks me what 3D movie I have and when I chose "side by side" - it merges them into one Video.
Is there a software that can do that , because my projector cannot...

2. Will I be able to use my Samsung 3D Glasses ? (2010 model so I beleive they are IR Emitter).

If not - what are the cheapest glasses I can get as I already spend over $600 on my Samsung 3D glasses...
Also - how will they be Synced - do I need to buy some Emitter or something like that ? how is that USB Emulator will help ?

THANKS again for everyone help ! You're great.
DaveDean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DaveDean »

Also - forgot to mention - my Video Card is ATI FireGL V5700.
It's quite strong and I watch the MKV videos on it very smoothly... but it does not have any 3D capability.

Thanks again
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

Lucky you mentioned that, if you don't want to play games then your current card is fine! Because it's a workstation card it already supports OpenGL quad-buffer (this is what "merges" the two image into 3D). You can use Sview to play SBS mkvs and the new version of Stereoscopic player can even play 3D blurays.

Sadly there is no easy way to use your samsung glasses, technically it can be done but because your card doesn't have a VESA sync output you would need special sync extractor hardware which would be tricky to set up and probably cost more than the DLP link glasses anyway.

DLPlink glasses don't need an emitter, they sync straight of the screen from a hidden signal generated by the projector, the UltraClear DLP glasses are the cheapest I've found, I have several pairs and they work great.

If you want to test your card just set it to 120Hz and set the player software's output mode to OpenGL quad-buffer, when you play a SBS file if you see a blurry "double-image" then you are all set for 3D!
DaveDean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DaveDean »

Well , that's great news !
If I need to buy a few more DLP Glasses - I guess that's worth it...

A few more "nooby" questions (and I apologize in advance for the super noobience... ):

1. I downloaded the SVideo and I can run the MKV movie on it , but how do I merge both sides to one ?
Do I only see it if I connect to the Projector ? because nothing changes on the computer...

2. How do I setup my card to 120Hz ?
If I see a blurry "double image" video - I'll be totally excited but the way is still long and never as simple as it should ....

Thanks again,

By the way - how will I connect the computer to the Projector ?
Why do you think my projector is generating a "hidden signal" ?? Is it because it's 3D Enabled ?
DaveDean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DaveDean »

Well.... I actually found on the link from before about how to set Sview up... sorry for asking too fast.
I'll try it tonight and see.
First - I am going to buy some DLP Glasses... cannot try it without it...

Can I run a "Crazy" idea by you ?
Since I have the Projector and the Samsung 3D TV in the same rooom - what if I connect them both to the same movie source - the TV will sync with the Glasses but actually I will watch it on the Projector...
So both will be showing the same movie at the same time and I keep using my Samsung 3D glasses , that will be synced with the TV - while I watch it actually on the projector that will show the same thing...
Am I making any sense ??
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

With your FireGL card you want to get Sview to "OpenGL Hardware" not emulated, in Stereoscopic Player set the output to "Quad Buffered OpenGL" If you get an error try updaing your graphics drivers, you really want to use hardware quad-buffer because it works much better than emulation.

Set your projector to its native resolution and change the refresh rate to 120Hz in the ATI graphics contol panel, connect it with HDMI or DVI if you can. Your projector should have an option called "DLP 3D sync" or something similar, that needs to be on for the glasses to work, the image will look brighter when its on, but it will look normal through the glasses.

Your idea about using the 3DTV to activate the glasses would only work if both the graphics cards outputs were cloned and locked in perfect sync, but then you would need to output 120Hz to both devices and most 3DTV's don't support this mode, and if there was even a few ms difference in the internal image processing latency of each display you would get ghosting / eye-swapping problems. Nice try though!

The only way to use the Samsung glasses would be with an IR emitter like the SS / Gen2 connected to a sync extractor, VGA ones are quiet cheap:

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/pcdongle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.3dmagic.com/catalog/pc%20sync%20dongle.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.amazon.com/Protocol-Gen2-Uni ... 339&sr=1-5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Compatibl ... 876&sr=1-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a long shot though, I'd just go with the DLPlink glasses.
CeridianMN
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by CeridianMN »

Obviously I regestered on this forum to ask about this based on post counts and whatnot.

I've been trying for most of a couple days to get the emulator working properly. Everything seemed to install to my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit system just fine. I'm running an 8800 GTS so it should be compatible. I've verified (and re-installed) the latest drivers from nVidia. (I've tried installing the controller drivers seprately as well.)

The device I get installed with an error is "Simulated USB HID Receiver device". I am not convinced it has gotten far enough to try loading the emulator at all, but I could easily be wrong. I've tried forcing the drivers, but the error I get is that the software driver is not compatible. (This is diectly selecting nvstusb.inf from the NVIDIA StereoUSB Driver folder created by launching the controller installation seperately from the display driver installation during a "Have Disk" override of preferred drivers.)

The device has all of the information in details, but I am not seeing anythng that screams out nVidia to me. I have not yet started searching the device VID and PID to verify what it should be seeing, but the system is pretty dang convinced that this is some kind of HID device.

I am in seek of ideas to help me get through this. As a programer I'm willing to go through the batches and scripts line by line to make sure they are right. I'm also willing to provide whatever details might help. As a former systems/network administrator I know how to do/have done basic resart/resintall troubleshooting. (As would most of the people on this board by now.)

Thanks for any help, I'd prefer ot to pay $150 for a usb device I don't truly need...
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

It sounds like a problem with DSF rather than the nvidia drivers, the DSF device stack must be in place and the emulator running before the nvidia USB driver will install. I'd uninstall DSF and all Nvidia drivers and start over. Check you are installing the right version of DSF (x86 or x64), run DriverSweeper and then remove any Nvidia / DSF ghost devices using the environmental variable:

DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1

I'd also install the Stereo USB driver separately (you must do this while the emulator is running) the installer is somewhere in the extracted C:\NVIDIA folder. The last few versions of the main nvidia installer package seem to have issues installing the USB driver but I don't think this was an intended counter-measure because a manual install still works. A few other suggestions:

- Disable UAC first (very important)
- Disable AntiVirus and Script blockers
- Run DSF installer and batch files as admin

Good luck!

8-)
CeridianMN
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by CeridianMN »

Ok. Did the clean install withou UAC. I think the problem is with the actual dll. The device simulation Framework loads fine based on the init_x64.bat file. I killed the silent switch in the batch file so I could see it register, and it doesn't. I get the following message trying to run "regsvr32 /i "3d_x64.dll"":

The module "3d_x64.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllInstall was not found.
Make sure that "3d_x64.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate from my MSDN subscription (not that the source should matter) and am upgraded to SP1. 8Gb RAM and a Q6600 processor. 8800GTS for a video card. I have downloaded the zip file directly from the russian site. I have unblocked te dll specifically. The details of the dll show it to be "Software HID Reciever USB Device Si..." (Likely Simulator) witgh a product name of "WMC Test HID Receiver Device" and original filename of "SoftHIDReceiver.dll". It is verson 1.0.0.0 and 56.5 kB.

Does this seem to be the right file? If not, can someone post the right one up somewere for me? If so any other ideas?

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”