BBC to broadcast Rugby 6 Nations in 3D, how will we benefit?

Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

BBC to broadcast Rugby 6 Nations in 3D, how will we benefit?

Post by Silversurfer »

I wish there was away from me to view this my soon-to-be purchased iz 3-D 22 inch monitor. Other than that I'm clueless as to how I can view this broadcast?

Here is the news as I read it on my RSS feed via Engadget.com

" Filed under: HDTV
Not happy letting us Yankees get away with all the 3D sporting action, the BBC plans to test a 3D HD broadcast of a Rugby Six Nations match next month. A lot like the NBA's test with last year's All-Star Game and NBA Finals, the March 8th game between Scotland and England will be captured by three camera rigs and then transmitted via satellite -- unlike the fiber connection used by the NBA -- to an audience watching a big screen with 3D glasses. Can Communicate, Inition and Axis are the companies forming 3DFirm, which is partnering with the Beeb to make the whole thing happen, including working out a new style of camera work and post production. We won't say we're waiting for a 3D broadcast of real football to get excited about these tests (we'll just think it.)

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments"

Article:
http://feeds.engadget.com/~r/weblogsinc ... 242809818/

Any help appreciated, Silver_Surfer
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”