another load of questions...

sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

another load of questions...

Post by sharky »

here is another load of questions.. this time more general questions..

1) unigine has implemented your drivers. 3D is now growing, and if not now then in a few months unigine could have a big benefit from the implementation. since they have a big benefit from it, did they have to pay to implement your drivers? i mean, the point is: if somebody else wants to implement it do they have to expect to spend money?

2) what do you think will be the future of the duo " 3D in general" and "punkbuster"?

3) as neil stated in another post iz3d was teh first company saying "yes" to mtbs... a year is gone, are you happy of your decision? would you reccomend it to other companies?

4) iz3d is allways seen as "small company".. how many heads are there effectively in there?

5) the idea of the dual screens is great.. was the idea a 1-person project or of a whole team? elaborate a bit on how this idea was born..

6) in various situations you and other iz3d members said "our main point is to have a satisfied user"... this is usually a point on which small companies belive more than big ones.. the bigger a company the less they belive in it.. (i bet you know what i mean.. :D) since you appear to be very loved from the consumers, for the products, for the way you interact with them and so on, most likely your company is going to grow in the future.. will you still keep this point as the company's "motto"?

regards

igor
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, Sharky!

Here the answers:

1) unigine has implemented your drivers. 3D is now growing, and if not now then in a few months unigine could have a big benefit from the implementation. since they have a big benefit from it, did they have to pay to implement your drivers? i mean, the point is: if somebody else wants to implement it do they have to expect to spend money?

No, our business is monitor selling, not developers charging :-) - we are happy that Unigine made this and opened door for game engines 3D native support. I'm not sure it takes a lot of resources from game developers. I think they will come to 3D very soon. Then it would be bright day for 3D :-)

2) what do you think will be the future of the duo " 3D in general" and "punkbuster"?

There are few scenarios there. If game engines will support 3D - then driver will not be important and PB issue will disappear. Another one when 3D will be big industry PB will cooperate. Third one cooperation with GPU guys: nVidia and ATI/AMD about stereo scopic driver. Hard to predict....

3) as neil stated in another post iz3d was teh first company saying "yes" to mtbs... a year is gone, are you happy of your decision? would you reccomend it to other companies?

MTBS is second word for us when we are talking with our partners - after iZ3D of course :-) If you are not there yet - be there.. This is very good cooperation for us and I think MTBS is #1 in community at the moment. And it is very important to mention that it is not only 3D itself, but 3D and games and movies!

4) iz3d is allways seen as "small company".. how many heads are there effectively in there?

13 - lucky number! :lol: :lol:

5) the idea of the dual screens is great.. was the idea a 1-person project or of a whole team? elaborate a bit on how this idea was born..

No one head was hit by apple, like Newton :-) it was crisis of SmartrON idea (non glasses 3D with two panels) and we came to modification based on polarizer glasses - I suppose it was 3-4 guys at the same time.

6) in various situations you and other iz3d members said "our main point is to have a satisfied user"... this is usually a point on which small companies belive more than big ones.. the bigger a company the less they belive in it.. (i bet you know what i mean.. Very Happy) since you appear to be very loved from the consumers, for the products, for the way you interact with them and so on, most likely your company is going to grow in the future.. will you still keep this point as the company's "motto"?

Yes, a lot of big companies has problem like you describe - this is bad, but not recipe against it accept keeping company culture open to the market... It does not matter how big you are. I hope we can keep it for long time, but future will show. And I like to say that our marketing guys will try to kill us if we'll forget about this - and like to live with such danger for my life :-)
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

thnks great answers..
ok i love the immersion.. this is why i created the DIY section and posted some topics about game immersion like motion sim, speed sim, and so on..

3D is also all about immersion.

did you ever think to have iz3d as "immersion" company instead of 3D company? immersion in general, including 3D. everything that increases game reality.
there is for shure a lot to invent/sell in there.. :D

regards

igor

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”