Need help setting up my new Alienware PC.

mayaman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Need help setting up my new Alienware PC.

Post by mayaman »

I have a Samsung 8000 series LED LCD slim. My PC has Nvidia GTX580 and Nvidia 3D vision. But I can't get any games to launch in 3D. The 3D hotkey does nothing.

1. Can I uninstall 3D vision and use tridef or the other 3D driver?

2. What is the correct way to setup this TV so ALL my PC games are 3D?

Thanks guys and gals. :)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Need help setting up my new Alienware PC.

Post by cybereality »

Congratulations, that's a nice TV. Provided it works, the Nvidia driver is probably your best bet. You will need to use the Nvidia 3DTV Play software, which you can buy for around $40: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . That supports almost any PC game you can think of (DirectX8 or higher). There is a trial version that will allow you to make sure your system works, but there should be no problem. Just make sure you are using the straight HDMI cable from the video card to the correct port on the TV (usually this is the first HDMI port). You can also use the IZ3D or DDD drivers but you will need to use the side-by-side modes (and manually enable the mode on your TV). The quality might be diminished slightly, but it should still look fine.
mayaman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Need help setting up my new Alienware PC.

Post by mayaman »

Hey thanks man, I saw some of your YouTube videos. That guy never got back to me on those LCDs for my HMD. :(

I'll try the iz3d first.

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”