Zalman Fail to deliver again - enough is enough Zalman

Have you lost faith in Zalman delivering drivers any time soon ?

Yes
50%
No
No votes
I wouldn't touch Zalman with a barge pole
50%

Total votes: 2

ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Zalman Fail to deliver again - enough is enough Zalman

Post by ribuck »

Hi All,

after last week Zalman confirming to myself, Oruq and MTBS that the Zalman vista drivers would be available today 22nd and yet again Zalman has failed to deliver on their promises. I phoned the US sales team and they are now denying any such date and now saying that the driver will not be available until some point in March / April.

Zalman enough is enough, I dont know about anyone else but i am sick of false promises from this company and my screen will be going back, as who's to say that in april they wont delay again for the millionth time.

Zalman, you need to get you act together, as there are going to be an awful lot of disappointed customers, so i would recommend that people send their screens back like I am and replace them with IZ3D screens.

Aplogies for the rant, just had enough of the b/s from this company.
Last edited by ribuck on Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

This says it all, that Zalman were talking utter crap when they said the 22nd as this interview with nvidia on the bbc website which just came out today has a Nvidia represntative saying that the drivers wont be available for several weeks yet and specifically mentions the Zalman Screens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2 ... ution.html
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

I can understand you. Today companies are giving release dates but mostly all off them delay the product only to delay it again later.

If the driver won´t be released this weekend send your display back. But I think it´s not Zalmans fault. The driver is developed by Nvidia.

After i heard of the "next gen" card 9800 GTX, i lost all the remaining faith in Nvidia. What have they done the last year? Pushing slower next gen cards than the cards before, co-developing crysis DX10, that is slower than DX9 but not with better effects than DX9, they stopped developing a general S3D driver, only to develop a driver for Stereo3D that is limited to one company. They develop it for many month now. How hard could it be with the source code in their hands?

If support for the 3d enhanced games for vuzix vr920 will bigger in future (maybe with help from carl :)) my next card wil be from ATI if it performs as good as the G200 that should come out in June/Juli, or should i say when its done ;)

Till then I am happy, that i can use S3D with reinstalled XP 32 and my over a year old gtx 8800 and heavy tweaking as posted in another thread here.

Zalman is a no go for me.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Gentlemen,

I'd like to share a few words.

First, I know you are angry, and I know someone dropped a rumor that the drivers would be out on the 22nd of February. When I spoke to Zalman and NVIDIA, they didn't know who sent such a rumor which is why I never made official news of it. I think it will be less than a matter of weeks for a driver release, but today is not going to be the release date for sure.

That said, I have to ask that you cease this thread and others like it. MTBS is an advocacy group. We promote stereoscopic 3D technologies with the mindset of them getting adopted by game developers. You are angry about driver delays, but I think the delays are an indication of NVIDIA taking care to release a good set of drivers. Something radically different than what we have seen so far.

I have also heard about MTBS members sending hate email to Zalman and NVIDIA, and this just hurts the MTBS image and is completely counterproductive for everyone. That's not what we are about and I want our site to have nothing to do with that kind of thing.

If you want to pick an enemy, choose Punk Buster for treating S-3D as a false cheat, or ask game developers to implement driver or natively supported S-3D to their titles. Answer threads in 2D forums about false myths about S-3D like red/blue glasses dependency, slow performance, etc. These are where our energies need to be placed.

Finally, I think GDC has been a big success for S-3D above and beyond NVIDIA. So hang tight, as some exciting developments will be coming out over the coming weeks above and beyond NVIDIA drivers.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”