Inflation Story

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Inflation Story

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

I'm at the Game Developers Conference, and the action for me doesn't really start until Wednesday. However, I have a story to share with you.

The other night, I went to dinner with TDVision, and I brought up how fast inflation has really taken hold. A year ago, you could get a good meal for about $8. Now, you have to pay at least $10 to $12 for a meal. Everyone at the table agreed.

When we got out of the restaurant, a homeless man asked us for $20.

Regards,
Neil
stee1hed
Cross Eyed!

Post by stee1hed »

Well, you know, he has to claim it as a gift and pay taxes on it, so it nets to about 10-12 bucks... :lol:
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Same here. The change from our national currency to the euro has been the excuse for a rise of prices like never before. A rise of 100% or more in lot of things in the last 5 years, but still inflation is below 4%-3%. I don't know how they do the numbers.

I didn't know that the same is happening out there.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

here in ukraine the price of food keeps going higher, higher, and higher for as long as I can remember.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

here in italy we had the "lira" before of the euro.. 1 euro=1936 lire.

they rounded.. so what before was 1000 lire now is 1 euro.. 1.936 times more than before! almost twice as much..

unfortunately they did it only for the cost of things in shops, but not for salaries.. which had a increase of 1.2... at the end there has been a cost increase of 0.7 on everything.. we are more or less in the same situation as after the WW2, and the italian government crashed 2 weeks ago because most politicans are already condemned for financial problems.

what a sh*t..

bye

igor

Return to “General Discussion”