Mitsubishi 3d ready dlp WD60735

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
fenome
One Eyed Hopeful

Mitsubishi 3d ready dlp WD60735

Post by fenome »

I've had this tv for over a year now, but haven't gotten it set up for 3D yet. Just haven't been willing to spend the money on it with so little content available.

I'm about to take the plunge, but I'm not really sure where to begin...I'm wondering if I should get the 3dc-1000 starter kit, or just the 3da-1000 adapter. I don't have alot of cash on hand right now and the cheapest I've seen the starter kit go is like $350; while the adapter only goes for like a hundred..

I know the starter kit comes with two pairs of glasses and an emitter, but are the glasses that come with it any good? 'Cause I'm thinkin if I just got the adapter and the glasses seperately, I could probably afford to get like 3 pairs of d-link glasses along with it for about the same price as the starter kit and then I wouldn't even need the emitter right?

So what glasses are you guys using on a dlp, and which ones do you think are best?

I've got a ps3 hooked up to my tv, never been too computer savy myself, so that's gonna be what I'm running my 3d content through, so if anybody out there has the same tv as mine or is running their 3d through a ps3 could help me out it would be much appreciated.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Mitsubishi 3d ready dlp WD60735

Post by cybereality »

The cheapest thing would be to get the adapter and just some generic glasses. I think these DLP-Link glasses should work: http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/dlp3dwiglfis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . The adapter is $100, glasses are $60, so thats not so bad. Don't quote me on this, but you should be able to run PS3 3D Blu-Ray and games with that setup. Don't think it can get much cheaper.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Yes, that sounds like the best and cheapest solution. The glasses that come with the starter kit are a copy of the Samsung SSG-2100AB but under the Mitsubishi brand. From many posts on the AVS forums most people found the Ultra-Clear glasses to be better than these ones, and cheaper too.

The only drawback would be a possible rainbowing with DLP glasses as was mentionned on AVS, but someone here has a similar setup and didn't experience any so it seems to be a good solution. Not sure if he had the exact same model of TV though.

The safest solution regarding rainbowing would be to use Ultra-Clear IR glasses (instead of DLP-Link) at the same price, but then you would need an additionnal emitter which is very difficult to find at a reasonnable price (it's included in the complete kit though).

So I guess the best option would be to try the DLP-Link glasses, if there are any problems you can return them and try IR glasses.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

If you want to go with IR and save some money there are these glasses, but they aren't the best quality:
http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/xhapa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still, $80 for 2 glasses and an emitter ain't bad.
fenome
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fenome »

Right on, thanx cybereality

I think I'm gonna go with those ultra clear dlp link glasses, I overlooked those ones somehow. Affordable, no emitter needed, and read good things in the reviews. It'll still be like a month or so probably before I'm all set up, but I'll keep you guys posted and let you know what I think...I can't freakin wait!!
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

cybereality wrote:If you want to go with IR and save some money there are these glasses, but they aren't the best quality:
http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/xhapa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still, $80 for 2 glasses and an emitter ain't bad.
I have been trying to buy 5 of those and an emitter for months from those clowns. I have paypal but no credit card so i emailed them and they said to give my purchase details and they would invoice my paypal account. They have told me this 3 times and i have sent the info 3 times and not a bleep after i send the info.
I would be very wary dealing with that site...
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Do you still want them? Maybe we can work something out, just send me a PM.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”