HELP ! 7900 GTO crashing with S3d

iamcanadian
One Eyed Hopeful

HELP ! 7900 GTO crashing with S3d

Post by iamcanadian »

Hello can anybody with a 7900GtO 512 help me here .I upgraded from a 7600 which using 91,31 drivers and Enhancer,I had problem free stereo with the Matrox dual head to go 2 dlp projectors . The 7900 GtO using either the 91s or 94s starts ok and I get the stereo test page fine . MS combat 3 worked good ,but when i went to use FSX it crashed soon as I hit ctl T,frozen solid . Went to reset it took 2-3 reboots to get back to the desk top.And I had to uninstall and reinstall all drivers again to get anything working. Same result with both drivers. I have antialiasing off and enhancer set for multicore.
Any suggestions?

CPU Q6600
asus MB
4 gig ram
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

not too sure about the 94's driver but when running the 91.31 you definitely need to turn one core off.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

Did you try the latest forceware with the latest stereo drivers? I didn't have any problems with that (not a 7900GTO though) and it works ok with 2 cores, not sure about 4.
iamcanadian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by iamcanadian »

I will try the 162.50 see what happens. and I do have one core running with stereo.
ticks me off a bit I stayed away from the 8800s to keep stereo working....@#%$#$
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I had a 7900GTX prior to my 8800GTS 512, and that is very similar to your 7900GTO.

Enhancer doesn't always work as hoped. Try going to single core mode like this:

1. Run MSCONFIG.
2. Choose the BOOT.INI tab.
3. Choose advanced options.
4. Choose a single core for NUmber of processors.

Let me know how things go.

Regards,
Neil
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Oh! With FSX, I recommend turning HW TnL off in the stereo compatibility settings. The runway lights will separate properly that way. There will be a performance hit, but the trade-off is there.

Regards,
Neil
iamcanadian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by iamcanadian »

I installed the 169.09 drivers with162.50 stereo no crashes but i cant get the shutter glasses to display all i can find is the anaglyph,how do you get the other types of displays to show ?I did the change to the regedit. stereo test works but only in anaglyph.

I will try your suggestions neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

As far as i know this is a problem with newer stereodrivers recognizing some specific hardware. Haven't heard of any workaround yet. :(

@Neil: Do you still have your contact at nvidia?. There are many who have trouble with newer stereodrivers recognizing their hardware thus giving anaglyph as the only option. So far i haven't heard/seen any solution for this but i do know it's hardware related. For example running the iz3d with newer stereodriver leaves me with anaglyph only while running the beamers via vga-tv-vonverters gives me full options.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
iamcanadian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by iamcanadian »

When i installed the drivers it did say may not be a Nvidea display device, So then theses newer drivers will not show shutter glasses no matter what.
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Hmm, yes, maybe they don't work for gto's. I get shutterglasses with that combination on a crt (and all other options) and only anaglyph on an lcd. I would think that going to older drivers wouldn't be better, but with the state of stereo support I would try all stereo drivers anyway.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

My card says to be a 7900GT/GTO in the driver.
It works ok with 94.24 driver combo - at least with most/some games.
It runs even without nhancer - but not every game. Some do.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
iamcanadian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by iamcanadian »

I did not have much success with the 162.50 for shutter glasses .but I tried the old felt pen on some clear glasses red and blue and not bad anaglyph ,so i ordered some anacrome glasses from anacrome3d.com even with the howdie dodie glasses the stereo was not bad and it works with everything I tried.even real good on the LCD. Shutter glasses maybe on the shelf? Has anybody else tried the anaglyph mode with good glasses? Any way back to 7900, I reinstalled the 91 drivers and nothing works at all now. One more try with the sweeper and with the 94.24s. is it possible the card I have is just not right.(EVGA about 1 1/2 years old.)
By the way thanks for all the help!
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

I think anaglyph looks good when I first put the glasses on but it quickly turns into headaches and weird colors :( .
iamcanadian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by iamcanadian »

WELL im not sure if what i did was right but i installed the 97.94s and had crash crash . but it worked fine with call of duty.FSX and combat 3 not good frozen solid . So I found a thread where a guy had turned off multicore on enhancer ,so i tried that . Nope.still frozen. So I uninstalled enhancer and reinstalled it and kept multicore off and hit CTRL T and well i got a smile from ear to ear. everything works great and very little frame rate hit. even Crisis is good! So I dont know but it seems to be something with enhancer from the previous drivers because thats the only thing I changed ,I tried every other driver with no sucess except One I had anaglyph only. But now .........everything! back in the saddle!! :lol:
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

And we wonder why people don't pick up stereo 3d.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”