New RS40 X3 projector and Nvidia GFX Card

tinimark
One Eyed Hopeful

New RS40 X3 projector and Nvidia GFX Card

Post by tinimark »

Hi All,

I have posted here before but under an old account that I can't seem to find but hello to all again.

I have just recieved a JVC RS40 Projector and so far have been able to get the PS3 to play back 3d BD and it looks very nice.
I also want to play PC games in 3D and have been using the 3D Vision kit for more than a year on LCD and ACER projector (720p) It's just been pointed out that I will only be able to game at 1080p on the new projector at 24hz and this might not be very good for FPS and TPS which I mostly play.

Does anyone know if there is a way, either with Nvidia drivers, 3d Play or with any other 3D drivers that I will be able to use checkerboard 3d at 1080p with my new beamer?
It would seem a shame to only have 720 for gaming on this nice (but massive) projector.

Also...has anyone had any experience with using nvidia cards on the JVC RS40 / X3 / X7 range of projectors? I read that some nvidia cards could not read the EDID correctly and would not send the correct resolution to the projector. Any help great appreciated.

Cheers.

Mark

Apologies if i've posted this in the wrong place, just noticed things changed a bit since my last visit.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: New RS40 X3 projector and Nvidia GFX Card

Post by Dom »

Hi I have been reading the nvidia forums about 3d vision and seems some have found a patch to enable checkerboard on their 3dtvs. I am not sure if this will work on your projector but might, look here http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=191819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also if you get the wrong refresh rate and resolution you should make some custom resolutions.
Are you using a dvi-d to hdmi cable or straight hdmi to hdmi? I seen that you could take off a pin on a dvi port to disable the edid.

I wonder if nvidia 3dtv play or 3d vision will detect your projector as a 3dtv or what? cause not really anyone i've seen has had a hdmi 1.4a projector and have said its working with 3dtv play. If not and your projector has a vga connection you may be able to use that vga port and use 3d vision as a crt monitor connction, but probably is not as good.

Have you tried 3dtv play yet? On my projector I just use vga, its an older model but does the trick.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I think you need to use Nvidia 3DTV Play.
tinimark
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tinimark »

Thanks for the replies chaps.

I haven't had chance to try this on the PC yet due to spending pretty much all spare time building a media room.
You just know once I get this connected to the computer = hours of fiddling around!
I was going to use a HDMI cable but I do have DVI to HDMI cables around that I can try. This PJ doesn't have a VGA port...why don't they put dual link DVI ports on these things??

In the input menu on the RS40 there was a chioce of frame packed, side by side and top and bottom....no mention of checkerboard and I can't see any reference to chackerboard in the manual. If this is the case then I guess i'm stuck with gaming at 730p or 1080p/24hz :(

Whilst i'm here, in case anyone is considering spending out on something like this...ok, the image quality is nice, blacks are better etc but given the difference in price it really shows just how good that little Acer projector really is for the money. I got an incredible deal on this RS40 but having seen the two units side by side i'm not sure if I would pay full price for the RS40 over the H5360.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”