Trouble getting started

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
csweang
One Eyed Hopeful

Trouble getting started

Post by csweang »

Hey I am new to this site and i was really wanting to try out this 3D gaming stuff if my computer is capable I built it about 4 years ago so its not the top of the line anymore.
I am running a
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS video card
Intel Core2 CPU 6300@1.86GHz
Acer 20 inch cheap flat screen monitor AL2016W
4 gb DDR2 Ram
64-bit windows 7 OS
with a rating of 4.9 with the processor being the lowest
I can run just about any game without lag

I downloaded the driver and installed it but can not get it to work yet i was just wondering if its possible with my set up? Should I give up or keep trying?

Any advise would be helpful thanks
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Trouble getting started

Post by Neil »

Welcome to the site!

Which driver are you using? What 3D solution are you trying? Anaglyph (red/blue) glasses?

Regards,
Neil
csweang
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by csweang »

I downloaded the iZ3D driver with red blue glasses not sure how to get it to work
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Not sure if you have anaglyph glasses yet, but if you need glasses I will send you a pair for free. Just shoot me a PM.

For the IZ3D driver to work you need to enable it. You can do this by clicking the "IZ3D driver" icon in your start menu, then clicking "DirectX" in the top left, then choose the "Enable Stereo" radio button. Make sure under "Output" the drop-down menu says "Anaglyph (free)" and next to it "red/Cyan". Then click "Apply" on the bottom right. You may want to click it two or three times just to be safe (wait a few seconds in-between). Now hit "Help" on the left and click on the iz3D logo under "dynamic test". You can put your glasses on now. You should see a spinning logo in 3D. If you do not, come back to this thread and tell use what happens (error messages etc.).

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”