JVC 3D LCD, Hyundai 3d LCD, other Infocomm 2009 impressions

martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

JVC 3D LCD, Hyundai 3d LCD, other Infocomm 2009 impressions

Post by martinlandau »

Broadcasting from my penthouse suite at the Peabody Hotel in Orlando, I can't wait to share all the good news with my friends here.

So far I have only visited about half the booths. Hyundai had a 46" 3D LCD. The stereo was very pleasing, nicer than the iz3d monitor I have. It didn't seem to have the ghosting issues.

Also there was a JVC LCD 3D monitor on display showing Brandon Frasier in journey to the center of the earth. This also seemed to have much less ghosting than what I am used to on the Iz3d. Almost no ghosting from my brief time at the booth. I am ready to upgrade!

For Yuri there was a company http://www.virtualsimulationsystems.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that had modular dome system - really nice - the 4 meter system was 16K. Also a few of the projector companies had wrap around walls, where the projectors aligned was "seamless" to me. Also there was a laser projector with 4kx4k resolution running 3d with shutter glasses. It was nice, the contrast ratios convinced me to that my old CRT projector no longer has the edge contrastwise. So far though I would say the wrap around dome systems were more immersive to me than a 3D flat screen. The flight sims were amazing. I will visit more booths tomorrow and try to tell more.

Daktronics also had a large video wall that was very bright, good contrast, and not too pixelated, I liked it.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: JVC 3D LCD, Hyundai 3d LCD, other Infocomm 2009 impressions

Post by cybereality »

martinlandau wrote: So far though I would say the wrap around dome systems were more immersive to me than a 3D flat screen.
But now imagine a wrap-around dome *in* stereo3d. Thats what I'm waiting for.
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

http://www.digitalillusionsllc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; They had some interesting holographic type tech.

There were many video matrix solutions that seamlessly blended very well across several projectors. So far I am surprised how little s3d has been represented at the conference. There were a few autostereoscopic solutions that worked better than I would have thought with no glasses. I am including a photo of the dome people's brochure, they said to spread the word on their technology. I just checked the link I posted and realized there is no real info there, surprising they are marketing that link at a professional conference and it goes to just a logo?!
IMAGE_00008.jpg
Got to see the previews for battle for terra, seems like it will be a good film, the s3d was well done. And Yes neil I am a dork, I didn't have my stereo3d camera rig with me to take stereo3d photos ;) I can see your point though, a lot of these people were running away at just a couple s3d questions. I can imagine whipping out an s3d video rig to film them, I told several of these people they are dinosaurs, and they better get on the bandwagon and stop being so stuffy or they will perish in today's marketplace. It is FRUSTRATING to no end to have the high tech s3d technology marketed by a supermodel or a suitwearing MBA, I was saddened not to see more Yuri type geeks that really understood s3d and were very passionate about it. Yuri,the enthusiasm of your little pinky is mor than the whole LOT of people I talked to today about s3d. You should have been here at the conference marketing for some of these duds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
funkee
Cross Eyed!

Post by funkee »

martinlandau wrote:
Also there was a JVC LCD 3D monitor on display showing Brandon Frasier in journey to the center of the earth. This also seemed to have much less ghosting than what I am used to on the Iz3d. Almost no ghosting from my brief time at the booth. I am ready to upgrade!
What type of JVC monitor? Micropolarizer, like the Hyundai? Size?
funkee
Cross Eyed!

Post by funkee »

martinlandau wrote:
For Yuri there was a company http://www.virtualsimulationsystems.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that had modular dome system - really nice - the 4 meter system was 16K. Also a few of the projector companies had wrap around walls, where the projectors aligned was "seamless" to me. Also there was a laser projector with 4kx4k resolution running 3d with shutter glasses. It was nice, the contrast ratios convinced me to that my old CRT projector no longer has the edge contrastwise. So far though I would say the wrap around dome systems were more immersive to me than a 3D flat screen.
I would expect much more problems with the content NOT moving when you do with a 3D dome than with a 2D dome. Is that the reason? In other words, the lack of motion parallax will hit you harder when the 3D image is more immersive.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: JVC 3D LCD, Hyundai 3d LCD, other Infocomm 2009 impress

Post by tritosine5G »

Wow spammers dig up good topics, like this one.

Curved screens like this Have to be shot with laser , or it gets defocused , degraded seriously.

Saw they are australian company , they probably use laser light engine by arasor. Damn Im jealous like phack now.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”