iZ3d driver 1.07 released

mastRmind
One Eyed Hopeful

iZ3d driver 1.07 released

Post by mastRmind »

For those of us with iZ3d monitors be sure to download the latest driver:

http://iz3d.com/t-dcdriver.aspx
:D

One interesting thing to note is that this driver will work with anaglyph mode for those who do not have iZ3d monitors.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: iZ3d driver 1.07 released

Post by pixel67 »

mastRmind wrote: One interesting thing to note is that this driver will work with anaglyph mode for those who do not have iZ3d monitors.
Great job, IZ3D! Now that is progress seeing this unexpected addition. I'll pay em 50 clams right now to add DLP Checkerboard. :shock:

Getting better all the time!

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
nathansteinke
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by nathansteinke »

One new feature I like is the dynamic stereo test so you can experiment with the separation and convergence without going into a game.
-Nate
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I simply love this revision of the driver! In some games i could have a reduced color dept before but now it looks just as nice as with the big rig with the exception everything can be turned on! It's also great that others can try the driver using the a-glyph mode.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Don't forget to post anomalies and bugs in the iZ3D gallery reporting section. Very important.

Regards,
Neil
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

I don't know where I should post these minor nonvisual bugs:

News & Updates doesn't list changes for version 1.07.0000, only that it has been released.

Static test doesn't work for anaglyph.

Date is wrong (wrong year) in the install program, I was worried I was installing the wrong version, until I looked at the previous versions which had later dates.

Someone told me that the listed numbers for optimised anaglyph and black and white anaglyph were wrong, but I haven't tested them myself.

Minor stuff, I know, but you asked for bug reports.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I updated the iZ3D driver file yesterday. I uploaded the wrong file the first time, sorry!

Neil
CarlKenner

Post by CarlKenner »

That's not what I meant when I said it had the wrong date. The correct file displays the wrong date during the install program. They forgot the year has changed, as happens to many people in January.
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

Can someone please tell me how to activate anaglyph mode in game, well I'm still waiting for my iZ3D to arrive early next week. :cry:

Cheers

EDIT: Sorry I found out on how to activate it.....man this runs a lot better than the nVidia anaglyph mode!!Now I can't wait for the fully blown version(my iZ3D).

Thank you iZ3D Team, keep up the good work!
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

How did You get it to work? I tried with XP, a 7900 card and my CRT monitor - couldn't find anaything about anaglyph. Test pic was just a double image - no 3D. It did however mess with my games.
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Here is the LINK......

Post by Mong »

Hi Freke1!

Here is the link to get you started: http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=166

I really don't know what all this talk about ghosting from iZ3D is all about....because what ghosting, maybe a little bit or maybe because I'm using good quaility anaglyph glasses; I've got no idea.

Oh, be sure to use those presets (NUM7,NUM8,NUM9) to get the best effect IMO.
:wink:

Cheers
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Thanks a ton :D

Edit: I got it working in rFactor:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1076775/rfactor_in_3d/
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

Looks pretty cool!

Try this with any fps games (not sure about rts games or racing games)

Convergence= -0.0335%

Separation= 440.00%

I used these settings with Vegas. Hardly any ghosting (maybe close by view) with my anaglyph glasses. :)
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I've tested a few more games:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1081301/games_in_3d
I couldn't get fraps to work with Battlefield 2 and CoD 4 MW, dammit :cry:
My homemade anaglyph glasses works best with separation ~ 70-180 but I use the same convergence as You Mong.
Last edited by Freke1 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

Looking good Freke1, but try to increase the separtion a bit more. Oh do your eyes burn a little bit or is it just me because of my crt?
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

will do. Yes I got a slight headache for the 1. time because my homemade red/blue glasses are awfully bad.
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Freke1 wrote:will do. Yes I got a slight headache for the 1. time because my homemade red/blue glasses are awfully bad.
I couldn't get rfactor to work with the drivers, the 2 images never matched. The nvidia driver works fine. What % numbers did you use for separation and convergence?
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

For rFactor I used conv: -2,1 and sep: 1,5. For fps games: conv: -0,03 sep: 70-180
DelTorres
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DelTorres »

I wonder about the fact you say Red/Blue. Even an Admin tells that at their forum.

But when I tested the driver yesterday it was clearly Red/Cyan on my screen.
DelTorres
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DelTorres »

for me Red/Cyan works great with the thing set to "6" in the XML file.

€dit: tested with NfS:ProStreet, C&C 3, Hellgate London - some minor ghosting but in general very cool. I am looking forward to a real S3D solution now :D
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Freke1 wrote:For rFactor I used conv: -2,1 and sep: 1,5. For fps games: conv: -0,03 sep: 70-180
Thanks, I got everything to work. Race07 seems to look the best (less ghosting and strange colors), but overall I don't think red/blue or red/cyan glasses are a solution, too many weird colors, ghosting and such.
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

I've been using the various anaglyph settings for Oblivion and a couple other games and have one question.

Why do the anaglyph colors stay in game when the stereo driver is turned off, not even loaded or in the prossess manager? I fired up Oblivion and Bioshock today and found the golden brown hue even with the IZ3D drivers off and the services program shut down in the task manager.

My quick fix was to edit the NSmode value to 0 and colors were back to normal :) Just wondering if this is a known issue or if I'm doing something wrong.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

Znith wrote:My quick fix was to edit the NSmode value to 0 and colors were back to normal :) Just wondering if this is a known issue or if I'm doing something wrong.
Just run Control Center and disable stereo for playing without driver.
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

KindDragon wrote:
Znith wrote:My quick fix was to edit the NSmode value to 0 and colors were back to normal :) Just wondering if this is a known issue or if I'm doing something wrong.
Just run Control Center and disable stereo for playing without driver.
Even with stereo disabled in the control panal the anaglyph colors still appear. Then even if the driver is disabled or not even loaded and the NSmode value is 1, 2, or 6 the anaglyph colors still appear in games.

Like I said it's not a big deal for me to fix but someone might get alarmed and wonder if their game is messed up now.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

After check "disable stereo" you press Apply button and restart game?
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

KindDragon wrote:After check "disable stereo" you press Apply button and restart game?
Yes I did that.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and things seem back to normal when the driver is loaded and unloaded :o
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”