Any point in starting a petition to nVidia

AlFitz
One Eyed Hopeful

Any point in starting a petition to nVidia

Post by AlFitz »

Like many of you I'm pretty disappointed by nVidia's lack of continuing support for Stereo drivers, particularly with the 8800 series so I was wondering if it would be worth starting a petition to nVidia to try and change their policy towards S3D?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

if you do start a petition then sign me up :)
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

As has been already said, I also think that the support to different S-3D solutions is one of the easiest part of the development of their stereo driver. So, there must be political reasons for the "only zalman" support, what makes difficult any change in their plans due to external pressure.

Anyway, at the news post that Neil did about it says: "At this time, “officially speaking” (remember these words because unofficially, other things may be in the works), the NVIDIA stereo drivers are a Zalman ONLY product."

So, "other things may be in the works". It makes me think that for some reason they *have* to say that they are going to support zalman only, but that they will support all the rest through windows register modification or something like that.
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

Must be nice to work for Nvidia stereo drivers development. Do nothing all day, not even Zalman drivers yet, almost 2 years after the 8800 cards came out.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”