Let me save you all the time/hassle/money re PDP & LED 3dtvs

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Let me save you all the time/hassle/money re PDP & LED 3

Post by tritosine5G »

true 1080p DLP pj's are just around the corner, just to let you guys know... I wont upgrade, sooo happy with 720p DLP. LED is the way to go.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
ViruzZ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ViruzZ »

I have A Samsung 46C7000 and there is absolute no ghosting, the thing is that you need to update the firmware.

If you from EU or USA, you must update the firmware, they released 5-7 already.
The original firmware had ton of ghosting.

If you have one of the Asian models, then its already came with updated firmware, but since the release in Asia it was updated Twice.

Latest firmware was released 2 days ago (In Asia) and about a week- 10 days ago in EU.
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

ViruzZ wrote:I have A Samsung 46C7000 and there is absolute no ghosting, the thing is that you need to update the firmware.
The fact is, the LCDs look awful in the demo booth, and the store staff doesn't seem to care or know how to update the firmware, so the potential buyer (like me) gets quite a negative impression right from the start. I didn't see any 3D plasmas though.

I'm not saying I don't trust you, but many people here admit the ghosting remains even with the firmware updates, and everyone's perception could be different enough. So until I see a demo unit that is not ghosting for me, I would not take chances by buying it in hopes that new firmware will offer some improvements. This is quite a severe defect to let the units slip into retail channels in the first place.
GoldChain
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by GoldChain »

Damo3D wrote:Yeah, Im done on this thread too.

DLP is king, nuff said. Enjoy your Caspersonic.
So for someone looking to hop into 3D now, is DLP still king?

See my recent thread and let me know your thoughts!

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 557#p54557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GC
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

A follow-up. I was in a store yesterday and I've been able to try the Panasonoc VT20/GT20 plasma and compare it once more to a nearby LG LX9500 LCD-TV set. The previous conclusion still holds: the crosstalk on the LCD set was very noticeable, while the Panasonic plasma was essentially ghost-free.

Confusingly, the Panasonic test rig featured a non-movable stand with permanently attached shutter glasses which were placed at 2.5-3 m from the screen, which seemed a bit too far for a 42" diagonal, so I could have missed something.

So, it does look like plasma and DLP are the kings. Hopefully new full-HD SXRD and "reflective 3LCD" projectors will also perform well, even though their prices are currently way over the top...

Return to “3D HDTVs”