Blu Ray 3D and a PC drive

Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Blu Ray 3D and a PC drive

Post by Gae43 »

I posted this in the other Blu Ray 3D/PC thread but somehow it got it's own seperate thread. Oh well. :roll:

I'm getting a BluRay drive for Christmas and my first disc is the Blu Ray 3D Monster House.
Now, I can already play HD DVDs fine etc but I know that I'll need to rip the disc in order to view the 3D content in Stereoscopic Player.

Are there any other options than the following or am I going to have to shell out more money and/or do a lot of research?

1) Buy DVDFab Bluray 3D ripper for $57.60 (it's gone up!!)
2) Try and get my head around the 3DBDBuster software.
3) Try and get my head around other combinations of freeware at videohelp etc that might get the job done.

I'll be happy with a lower resolution rip as I'm only watching it on the Infocus X1.

Thanks for any help.

Gae43
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Blu Ray 3D and a PC drive

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, those are probably your options. 3DBDBuster is relatively cheap and I think the latest version has made it a lot easier to set the options (although I have not installed it myself so I couldn't say for sure). DVDFab is probably the closest thing to a turn-key solution. I have seen there are ways to do it manually with free software but this is seriously intense and it you get any one little command line flag wrong you just wasted 3 days and 1TB of space for nothing. So I would probably just buy one of the software packages if I were you.
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Blu Ray 3D and a PC drive

Post by Gae43 »

Yes...I'll probably just download the DVDFab demo and test it on a couple of movies.
It seems the easiest most hassle free method.

Gae43

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”