LG's next set of 3D glasses were designed by designer CES11

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

LG's next set of 3D glasses were designed by designer CES11

Post by Silversurfer »

By Vlad Savov posted Dec 8th 2010 6:10AM

Alain Mikli, for those of you (and us) who didn't know, is a highly regarded designer of eyeglasses. LG, as we're all aware, is a 3D-peddling purveyor of HDTVs. Marry the two together and the offspring is a rather fetching set of 3D goggles, built out of "select metals," and featuring a co-patented nose bridge and perfect weight balancing for the utmost in user comfort. LG promises to let us play around with the new eyewear at CES next month, which we'll be more than happy to do -- telling you about the eventual price tag, on the other hand, probably won't be such a pleasant experience. More imagery of the specs and the full press release follow after the break.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/08/lgs- ... r-will-gr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: LG's next set of 3D glasses were designed by designer CE

Post by Silversurfer »

as a current wearer of this designers spectacles I can confirm their build quality, they are second to none. But I guess the price will be on the higher side unfortunately, if they were universal we would be making progress and I would definitely consider them for prolonged S3-D usage.
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: LG's next set of 3D glasses were designed by designer CE

Post by cybereality »

3D glasses that actually look stylish? You don't say.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”