Which 3D LCD...Zalman or iZ3D to Purchase??

Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Which 3D LCD...Zalman or iZ3D to Purchase??

Post by Mong »

Hi Guys, next week sometime I'll be buying one of these two monitors but I have a problem, I'm not sure which one is better and which one has more potential in the long run. :?

So can somebody please give me the pros and cons in a brief discription to the best of their knowledge.

Thank you.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Which 3D LCD...Zalman or iZ3D to Purchase??

Post by pixel67 »

Mong wrote:Hi Guys, next week sometime I'll be buying one of these two monitors but I have a problem, I'm not sure which one is better and which one has more potential in the long run. :?

So can somebody please give me the pros and cons in a brief discription to the best of their knowledge.

Thank you.
Hi Mong, as a bystander i would have to go with the IZ3D. It may be a little more expensive, but the drivers are worth the additional charge and your not dependant on Nvidia for future drivers. Current IZ3D drivers support postprocessing which Nivida's do not, of course.

Good Luck!
PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

Thanks for the info pixel67, yes nVidia may take longer to release their drivers than iZ3D do...But the ghosting is a major factor for me at this moment and I'm aware that the Zalman is way ahead in this department(correct if I'm wrong).

Still I would like to know more about the Zalman monitors.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

There is an interesting comparison between the 2 from a chap on the nvidia stereo3d forums... He had zalman, he said it was poo. He bought iz3d. said was ok. Then said was good. Then said was great... I think he's falling in love... We might see our first human to machine marraige here...

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=57515

I'll be the best man if Neil comes as the bridesmaid ;-D

Being serious though... ghosting might be a problem for you if you are ultra sensitive. I know it was kinda hard for me to readjust to ghosting after using a projected setup for a short but oh-so-sweet time.

Having played a fair bit of new games on the iz3d though, my mind has readjusted well :P

-- Shahzad.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

Hi RAGEdemon, yeah I read that topic last night and it was very interesting to compare the two lcds. It was amazing to see the lack of awareness with some people not using logical researching before jumping on the (nVidia) bandwagon....but it was very funny to read your response(with total agreedmeet).

Oh, it does'nt matter now which lcd to choose from because I'm expecting the iZ3D monitor to be arriving by the end of this week (I hope so :P ). I hope I don't have to pay any hidden costs upon the arrival of my iZ3D. :roll:

But Question...Will the tinting problem ever be resolved with future drivers or is it something that we have to compensate just to play S-3D with post proceeding effects?

Well then if so, we all can adapt to it...I guess.

Cheers
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

I honestly don't know mate.

If it was a simple matter of anti-tinting the image to each eye to cancel out the effects, I'm sure it would have been done already. this is the point that worries me a little... maybe there is more to it than that.

I hope that it can be done. And if it can be done the iZ3D team will do it as they are a very smart bunch of guys.

The only thing that I can say from experience is that when you get the monitor, try not to concentrate on the tinting as I did. It is apparent if you concentrate, but It becomes unnoticeable for me as I actually start playing a game... like ghosting.

I think though that artifacts bother some more than others so if you can't stand ghosting then you will have a difficult time standing the tinting.

I won't say it doesn't detract from the experience at all... only that after a while you get used to the ghosting and tinting and then really begin to appreciate the monitor when you plug and play in stereo most games that you try with all options maxed and in all their glory.

Some of the forum admins at iZ3D forum are extremely knowledgeable about stereo3D. If you port a question there, they will try and give a straight forward answer I am sure.

-- Shahzad.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”