stereoscopic 3d cartoon : MoralityGenicide 3d (YT3D)

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

stereoscopic 3d cartoon : MoralityGenicide 3d (YT3D)

Post by yuriythebest »

[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU5dlOQQmZE[/youtube-hd]
(for full 3d options view from youtube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU5dlOQQmZE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
enjoy :mrgreen: ...
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: stereoscopic 3d cartoon : MoralityGenicide 3d (YT3D)

Post by cybereality »

Nice. Unfortunately I had to watch in anaglyph since YouTube3D is broken at the moment. I have to say, there were a few good 3D shots in the movie, but for the most part the 3D was weird. It seemed like maybe you went overboard with the separation of objects and I wasn't able to fuse many of the images (resulting in a sort of non-3d double-image). However, considering what you were working with it wasn't a bad attempt.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

cybereality wrote:Nice. Unfortunately I had to watch in anaglyph since YouTube3D is broken at the moment. I have to say, there were a few good 3D shots in the movie, but for the most part the 3D was weird. It seemed like maybe you went overboard with the separation of objects and I wasn't able to fuse many of the images (resulting in a sort of non-3d double-image). However, considering what you were working with it wasn't a bad attempt.
I watched it in anaglyph also and there indeed were 1-2 shots that were hard to fuse but overall I didn't notice any problems - mm maybe I like too much separation :) could also be the anaglyph glasses/mode you used - I always reccomend optimized/dubois
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, maybe. I was using full-color red/cyan, so I'm sure that didn't help. I might try with interlaced if YouTube ever fixes the options.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Crazy and cynical and it certainly pulled a few laughs! :lol:
Imo the vid looks more comfortable in a smaller window while maximizing it sometimes makes it hard to focus on the background. Using projectors horisontal parallax adjustment is very necessary.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Likay wrote: Imo the vid looks more comfortable in a smaller window while maximizing it sometimes makes it hard to focus on the background.
yeah I only tested it non-maximized- never occurred to me people might maximize it - I think if it's maximized you need a lot of distance to view it comfortably
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

How long have you and your "crew" been worked on this btw? Just making ordinary cartoons is incredibly timeconsuming!
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Likay wrote:How long have you and your "crew" been worked on this btw? Just making ordinary cartoons is incredibly timeconsuming!
hi! well, I didn't have a team of animators (**waves fist in the air while imagining James Cameron**) - was just doing the design/animation/story/production/etc and the epic voice actors who agreed to voice act in this movie (and because of whom this project was also delayed many months because they can also be lazy :) ), the animation took several months, then several months more to make it stereoscopic (don't worry this was not a 2d->3d conversion in any conventional/demeaning sense of the word - I had all of the objects (background, character hand/torso/head/etc) on different layers so with some trickery it was possible to create convincing depth (I only needed to make the second (Right eye) viewpoint version for, say, a head, once and then I could use it from then on whenever that object appeared). This is why this has a waaaay better stereoscopic effect than Clash of the Titans (although it did have some nice 3d moments, I mean overall 3d consistency)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

yuriythebest wrote:This is why this has a waaaay better stereoscopic effect than Clash of the Titans (although it did have some nice 3d moments, I mean overall 3d consistency)
You realize that Clash-bla bla... is a very bad example to describe something good right? ;)
I'm just joking. I'm very impressed with your work!
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

This is great! I watched through the whole thing crosseye, worked great. I like the ample separation. :)

Let me know if you need any voice actors for a sequel!

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”