Win7 Stereoscopic Player - Pageflipping with eDimensional

Solya
One Eyed Hopeful

Win7 Stereoscopic Player - Pageflipping with eDimensional

Post by Solya »

Hello guys,

I have a little problem to deal with and hope u might give me some hints to get it fixed:

I'm running a 3D System with some eDimensional glasses, the eDim-dongle between Videocard (VGA) and projector as well as a projector itself.
Everthing was running fine in pageflip mode under Win Vista, but since I've installed Win7 it stopped working properly.

The picture in pageflipping mode changes between right and left eye in an 3-4 sec interval:
-seems like 3-D is locking in then getting lost, alternating back and forth like this, sometimes very quickly sometimes occasionally
- when I first experienced this I described it as the left and right eyes flipping
No fun to watch a video while this happens.

PS: As long as the glasses synchronization/controller is turned off in the Stereoscopic player while already in pageflip mode, this problem doesn't occure. But as soon as the glasses controller is turned on or the glasses are activated via ED-Activator the flipping begins again.

Help is really appreciated.
giova
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Win7 Stereoscopic Player - Pageflipping with eDimensional

Post by giova »

Hi.

I've catch my ed glasses from a my old dirty box for you :)

How did you installed the ED Driver?

i've try this one, but it is not compatible 7, even if i set it as compatible XP, software says i'm under 98/millenium :shock:

also what is your graphic card?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi I can help you toubleshoot your error. Maybe the code for the signal is messed. Try using compatability mode into windows xp or vista sp2 and also administrator rights or turn off UAC altogether if not already. Some versions of windows 7 have a windows xp mode and its not compatability mode it actually emulates windows xp. If you have windows 7 business, or ultimate I think the ed activator will work with it like in windows xp. If all this don't work try out IZ3d drivers and use the blue line code for activating, this software has a trial so it might work for 30 days and your 3d movies. Also check your settings are correct in stereoacopic player as that it might have changed upon your OS upgrade. Is it shutterglasses or software pageflipping?
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Solya
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Solya »

Hi guys and thanks for the quick first advices!
How did you installed the ED Driver?
I actually didnt install any eDimensional Driver, cuz you only need them to render 2 pictures in a game for a stereoscopic 3d effect - afaik.

Using the Stereoscopic Player, u just have to activate the glasses by the ED-Activator or the program itself, which is shipped with a kind of glasses controller/activator. (Its actually just an activator)
also what is your graphic card?
I'm running a Notebook system with a nvidia geforce 8600m gt @ 256mb

(Hardware shouldn't be the problem though, cuz everything was running fine on Vista)
Maybe the code for the signal is messed. Try using compatability mode into windows xp or vista sp2 and also administrator rights or turn off UAC altogether if not already.
I've been already trying with compatibility modes - all XP and Vista modes (with SPs etc. pp.), but nothing helped.
Try turning on administrator rights and turning off UAC has to be tried out by me asap (I won't have any time to spend for this till Fr. the 26th.)
Some versions of windows 7 have a windows xp mode and its not compatability mode it actually emulates windows xp.
I'm owning Win7 professional, so I'm able to use Win XP Virtual PC as it is called.
Already tried this way but Win XP Virtual PC told me as I started to install some graphic card drivers for this mode, that it aint compatible (some kind of error). - Dunno if the Virtual PC can use the normal Win7 graphic drivers.

Second thing to do in this virtual environment is to install codecs, cuz they aren't taken from Win7 system.
-> Might be the next step I'm gonna try out as soon as I have time. Hopefully they don't need graphic drivers.
If all this don't work try out IZ3d drivers and use the blue line code for activating, ...
As already mentioned above afaik u do only need those drivers to play games in 3D, which is not what I'm aiming for.

I mixed nearly every combination in the Stereoscopic Player settings to get this flipping between left and right view gone, but nothing worked. Actually I'm having the same settings as in vista, except probably the encoder (Win Vista codecs vs Win7 codecs)
Is it shutterglasses or software pageflipping?
I'm using pageflipping.

BTW: I already read in some threads that this problem occures to projectors, which can't handle the quick switching between left & right view etc. pp. But mine should do it, cuz it did so with Vista ;)

PS: As i was trying around in the past week with some hardware setups I've seen that the projector can handle the signal with its switchings between right and left view at 85Hz, as long as I don't use the ED dongle between projector and graphics card.
And it does also work, if the dongle is put between graphics card and projector as long as the glasses aren't activated neither by the ED-activator nor by the Stereoscopic Player.

Hopefully these information may help you for further tipps.
Thanks in advance.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi, Instead of using stereoscopic player try using Nvidia stereo3d player they have. It is similar to stereoscopic player except it is only based on shutterglasses. Even though you don't have a 7 series card to install the drivers I think all you need is a signal to the glasses and the separation parellax change to view 3d content like movies. So just the 3d activator and then use nvidia stereo3d player.

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Solya
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Solya »

Hi,

i took a quick look at the nvidia Vision Player.
There is not as much to set up as in the stereoscopic player - so not much to be done wrong ;)

If i switch into stereoscopic mode i see 2 different pictures: At the left and at the right side of the screen, like videos u get in the format side-by-side.

I think it is necessary to install the nvidia vision drivers to get this working right, but afaik those arent compatible to notebook graphic cards.

ty anyway - keep doing such good suggestions plz. Everything might worth a try ;)
shonofear
Cross Eyed!

Post by shonofear »

hey,
i currently have the same setup as you, laptop with Win 7 and a 8600 GT graphics card and dlp 85Hz projector with Extreme X3D shutter glasses with dongle and have success using Sterescopic Player and using an activator (have both ED and X3D)
In Stereoscopic Player I set it to software page flipping mode and dont change anything else, then use the activator program and set to page flip mode and works fine. I have Nvidia drivers installed version 190.38 with the intergrated stereo drivers but are de-activated, also have IZ3D latest driver installed only for playing games in either interlaced mode or Blue line code Shutter mode (trial), but since my graphic card sucks it usually can't keep in sync with needed frame rates.
I can send you the X3D activator and see if you have any more success with it, just pm me your email.

Cheers
waiting patiently......
giova
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by giova »

If i switch into stereoscopic mode i see 2 different pictures: At the left and at the right side of the screen, like videos u get in the format side-by-side.
even if you switch to Full screen mode? i used to have this problem, don't remember how i fixed it...

Anyway, i think this player (nvidia) is not the good solution, because it need Nvidia 3D Driver, and as you said , it is not compatible with ED.

I've made test and didn't have your problem, but ED Dongle was not plugged (CGI=> VGA adaptor is missing).

Of course i guess you tried several refreshrate settings like 60Hz, didn't you?
did you try with an other screen? cable?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi I know maybe your problem now with the format you choose to select with the 3d player. If you have a side by side video then you have to choose that format from the viewing format. It lets you pick which format the video was encoded with. Like frame sequential and all the other ones. I think forsure its under Layout.

Cyberia on Youtube

Solya
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Solya »

I have Nvidia drivers installed version 190.38 with the intergrated stereo drivers but are de-activated,...
So you didnt install the special drivers for mobile graphic cards, did you? - Those aren't shipped with stereo-abilities.

I'm also already having vers. 195.62 of the nvidia driver installed. I might give an older one, like yours a try. (I wouldn't wonder if nvidia tries to disable other 3D articles to get more sells of their own system - just a guess ;D )
I've made test and didn't have your problem, but ED Dongle was not plugged (CGI=> VGA adaptor is missing).
How do you sync your glasses then with the videos displayed?
Of course i guess you tried several refreshrate settings like 60Hz, didn't you?
Yep. I tried all refreshrates my projector support (actually 60,72,75 and 85). This managed the switching between left and right view to process slower, but it still happens. In addition 60 Hz is too less - I'm getting headaces with that.
did you try with an other screen? cable?
Might those also be a reason? Mine is a bit older as it seems (got it from ebay), but since it worked with vista I didn't think it could cause the occuring problem.
-> I'll give it a try with another screen cable next week.
Hi I know maybe your problem now with the format you choose to select with the 3d player. If you have a side by side video then you have to choose that format from the viewing format. It lets you pick which format the video was encoded with. Like frame sequential and all the other ones. I think forsure its under Layout.
In this case it isn't the layout, which is wrong. I'm loading side-by-side videos as side-by-sides and interlaced as interlaced. In mono-mode the playback has a good and correct picture with right formats, which means that the input is correct. Only the output doesn't work well, but as giova also said, you need the nvidia stereo drivers to get it working well. These aren't an option as long as I can't handle the USB signal output of their system with an eDimensional system.

Thanks guys, keep doing these great advices.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi since you have two displays running, your laptop screen and your projector. Did you select in the nvidia drivers only to enable your projector as display and or input 1. Sometime this causes all the 3d to just goto your main screen and not both only becasuse there is one dongle and no loopback 3d. Screen two might not show if you have display setting in clone, span, or dual view modes. So try to make primary your projector and turn off your laptop screen, does this help?

Cyberia on Youtube

Solya
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Solya »

So try to make primary your projector and turn off your laptop screen, does this help?
Thx for the advice. I've already read a few times about that and also tried it out with no luck.
BTW I'm always running the projector in primary mode duo to resolution problems otherwise, cuz my notebook has 16:10 formatting while the projector has 4:3.

I'm really confused, why nobody else has such kind of problem. Really annoying ;)
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

So now it almost sounds like its your nvidia driver that won't allow your 3d glasses in windows 7. Try using and installing the 91.31 combo, and the 165.50 combo. It might not work because of nvidia's limitations and not microsofts. Also try to install an older version video driver like the same one you had with vista. You could also try out one of those usb video cards and bypass your nvidia graphics card.

Cyberia on Youtube

parasupaman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by parasupaman »

This is my experience using the eDimensional glasses and an LCD Projector to watch movies. Perhaps you need to play around with the "timing mode" - note my discussion of that below.

I have:

- eDimensional Wireless Glasses

- Australian model Epson EMP-TW1000 1080p LCD Projector (http://www.epson.com.au/products/projec ... tw1000.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). I believe that the equivalent model in the US is called the Epson Home 1080 or something like that.

- Windows 7

- NVidia GeForce 8600 GT with 256MB Video RAM (has a VGA out port)

And here is what settings worked best for me:

1) I set the VGA output resolution, of my computer to my projector, to 1920 x 1080 progressive scan at 60 Hz with 'DMT' Timing. Using the NVidia Control Panel, I had to create a custom resolution which allowed me to manually set the timing mode. Both 'CVT' and 'CVT Reduced Blank' timing modes did not work properly for me. I found that I HAD to set the timing mode correctly, otherwise the shutter glasses did not even work at all. Perhaps other projectors may require different timing modes to function correctly with the glasses. Probably best to experiment.

2) Using the E-D.exe trayicon application I configured the glasses to Interleaved (line blanking mode) and LCD Mode OFF. LCD Mode 1 did not allow the shutter glasses to synchronise properly with my projector. From what I have read, the LCD modes introduce a slight timing delay with the shutter glasses. I can only assume that the LCD panel in my projector is fast enough that it does not require this timing delay.

3) Open Stereoscopic Player in window mode and start playing a 3D video in interleaved mode.

4) Using the E-D.exe trayicon application, select Stereo - On/Resync to start the Shutter Glasses in interleaved mode (the dongle should now cause the screen to show a line blanking mode. Also, press the ON button on the shutter glasses themselves. At this point the interleaved video shown in the Stereoscopic Player window should now look 3D.

5) Expand Stereoscopic Player to fullscreen and watch the movie.

Things I noted:
I tried the Page Flip mode, in the hopes of enjoying a full progressive resolution image (no line blanking). I found however that this actually introduced a fair bit of ghosting and quite noticeable flicker. At the 60Hz that I am using, I was expecting flicker. But the flicker perceived in Page Flip mode is unwatchable. By using Interleaved (line blanking mode) a lot of the ghosting is removed and there is a lot less perceivable flicker. Unfortunately, the image in line blanking mode loses resolution and brightness (I crank up my projector lamp mode to 'High' and use the brighter 'Dynamic' color mode to compensate), however it is very watchable in Interleaved mode, with only slight ghosting and a slight level of noticeable flicker that is very watchable. Of course though, the room also has to be pitch black.
Solya
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Solya »

OK people - here I am again ;)
Unfortunatly not with any better news yet.

1. I tried another out VGA cable to my projector, which didnt fix the problem.

2. As well I installed some older drivers of nvidia - the 190.38 ones as mentioned right here, which didnt get things to work either.
But another possibly useful hint was given to me as I used that ones which came automatically with 3D vision drivers.:

The stereoscopic player told me to disable 3d vision before switching into pageflipping mode, cuz otherwise it might not work probably.
Those drivers weren't enabled in the control panel at all, but i was getting that message. I decided to uninstall only the 3d vision drivers manually afterwards, which made the notification disappear as i tried to rerun the Stereoscopic player in pageflipping mode.

So i ask myself if those drivers are maybe still activate in registry or at another place in the nvidia drivers, which make the flipping between right and left view appear in several inconsistant intervalls.

Unfortunately I have no clue where to look for those settings as the 3d vision drivers are already uninstalled.

Perhaps you need to play around with the "timing mode" - note my discussion of that below.
I wasn't able to find options like timing mode in the nvidia control panel. Also tried to set a custom resolution to my projector, but i was only able to select between the resolution, the frame-rate(meaning Hz), and the color-deph.

Thanks in advance guys :)

PS: The flipping mostly begins after 10 to 15 seconds of viewing a video and then goes on to flip every 3 to 6 seconds.

!EDIT!

I made some screenshots of my Decoder settings - maybe I'm using some, which are not mighty enough to decode videos probably:
(Screens are split, cuz i wasnt able to maximaze the Decoder Window to give a full overview at once.)

Image Image Image
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi, how come you are using nvidia 3d vision drivers anyways? I think you can only use them if you have their kit with glasses. If you are still using e-dimensional glasses only make sure to have No nvidia stereo 3d drivers installed. Only have your dongle from vga then glasses from dongle ed activator and stereoscopic player with stereo view as software pageflip not Nvidia 3d vision. Also you should be able to view interlaced through your ed activator. Its not like pageflip but try and see until you get pageflip to work. Just make sure you have no nvidia stereo 3d drivers on your laptop, I don't think they support them mobile chipsets. Another thing is do you have a desktop computer to use or can buy for cheap cause they work so much better than laptops. I know you said you had this working in vista and not in windows7 so why is it that you want windows 7 so bad?. I am still using vista for my video games and love it, It's actually still real good and gets updates and stuff. Don't you think your upgrade might not have been worth it or just to either have dual boot on your harddisk or just plainly use vista all the time. Actually the ed activator just might not work in windows7 can you email edimensional and ask them on how it should work in windows7 since their glasses are still quite a good product.

Cyberia on Youtube

parasupaman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by parasupaman »

Does your Create Custom Resolution dialog look like the first screenshot I have attached? The first screenshot shows the default dialog displayed. Then clicking on the little down arrow to the left of the word Timing causes the dialog to expand.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Solya
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Solya »

Hey,
Hi, how come you are using nvidia 3d vision drivers anyways?
As I've said, these were automatically installed as I installed older Drivers for my graphics card. I downloaded the older ones from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only have your dongle from vga then glasses from dongle ed activator and stereoscopic player with stereo view as software pageflip not Nvidia 3d vision.
That is exactly what I am doing.
BTW: I tried out the Stereoscopic Player at my old Desktop PC (Win Xp, 2,8 Ghz, 1,5 GB Ram, Ati X850gt) yesterday with the following results:
The 3D effect was perfect and without the switching between right and left view. I tried a 2 min Video file and no async of the projector occured. BUT: The old desktop PC is too slow to handle HD videos - meaning that the Sound and the Picture are getting out of sync and the picture sometimes drop 10 seconds of the video file to get into sync again with the sound. Also the playback of the picture is like a third of the usual playback. If i turn on the option "wait for sync of the graphics card" in the settings of the Stereoscopic Player, the picture doesnt drop frames but runs through the whole video perfectly - SLOW. That has in result again, that the sound is async.
So i think the old PC ain't an option for me to watch 3D videos.
Just make sure you have no nvidia stereo 3d drivers on your laptop,...
I uninstalled em and hope that nothing is remaining in any of my drivers. I looked up the folders as well as the registry and couldn't find any remains of the 3d vision drivers.
But still i think i might be a problem with them - or a problem in the settings of my graphic card drivers.
I know you said you had this working in vista and not in windows7 so why is it that you want windows 7 so bad?
Win7 has much better perfomance in all the other programs I'm using. Also Win7 is the standard OS at the university I'm studying at, which means it's better to have the same OS on the own Notebook.
Also I'm pretty sure that there must be a solution to get this running on Win7, cuz many other ppl have no problem with nearly the same hardware and software setup as mine is.

Maybe I should give the dual boot a try, but I'm not a fan of it ;)
Does your Create Custom Resolution dialog look like the first screenshot I have attached?
Oh thanks. I found it and it looks exactly the same as in your screenshot. In the meantime i tried out different settings of timing but didnt get thinks to work. I'm not sure if my projector even realized the differeces between the settings, but the tests were running fine.
Crazily the "Custom Resolution" setting, which is saved next to the selectable standards, disappears if I close the control panel dialog and open it up again - i guess it overwrites the standard setting of 800x600, which I'm using. Cuz if I open the dialog to create a new custom resolution, the old custom one is still there and i cant delete nor change it while it is active the system tells me.
So I do not know if my notebook now really changed the timing for the video out or not.
shonofear
Cross Eyed!

Post by shonofear »

bummer with no lack of success matey,
mmm may have to resort to line interlacing method from iz3d instead... This always works well minus the loss of res/light. Though I find it too dark for gaming with and text is unreadable most of the time, movies should be ok though.
Cheers
waiting patiently......
Solya
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Solya »

The resolution of the interlaced format is too bad in my oppinion.
And as long as i know that my notebook can handle the pageflipping method, I dont want to switch back to a worse playback ;)

There must be a way to get this working again.
shonofear
Cross Eyed!

Re: Win7 Stereoscopic Player - Pageflipping with eDimensiona

Post by shonofear »

totally agree with ya.
though ive given up my 3d stereo for a while so that things become more cheaper and easier without hassles etc.. like your having :P
highly considering widescreen gaming though with infinity when it becomes more stable as well, prob prefer that vs stereo but obviously having both combined is the dream (3d vision surround) ... next yr maybe
cheers
waiting patiently......
emilf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by emilf »

Hi,
I need help in Win7 stereoscopic configuration on a laptop with nvidia 8400M GS driver 197.38 + 197.16 stereo drivers.
I installed nvidia drivers 197.38 and 197.16 for stereoscopic mode and tried using Stereoscopic Player for movies and a pair of glasses and Another Is with dongle between video card and BenQ MP626 DLP projector at a resolution of 1024 * 768 120Hz.
(For this resolution I use custom resolution on nvidia control panel, and I was disable the notebook display)
I have 2 movies (the movies are xvid 720p) and I played on Stereoscopic Player with options Software pageflippeing and I was active page flipping on X3DCTL.exe all it`s work fine on this 2 steps but when I fullscren the movie I have only a blackscreen with audio.
Second time when I was trying I was able to see the movie in fullscreen but the resolution changes automat to 1024X768 at 60hz only and it`s was a horrible image with a more flippering than ever.

The Benq MP626 DLP Projector have in meniu a option to 3D sync : on/off with if its get 120hz signal in, I change on/off and it`s do nothing.

Any help to config WIN7 + 8400 nvidia card+ Stereoscopic Player in page flipping mode+ Another Is shutter glasses + dongle (for 720p movies)?

P.S: I apologize for spelling mistakes but the english language it`s not my native language.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi from using a laptop myself sometimes settings are perturbed by special drivers for them. I would suggest to try and dualview or span you laptop screen with your projector. The only thing that seems normal is that your laptop screen can only goto 60hz max. This might actually make the vga port connected to your projector command the same link. This was the whole reason pretty much behind shutting off your laptop screen and sync issues, but myself my desktop can have my 120hz monitor and a 85hz projector going at the same time it seems. I think they were on clone mode. If you cannot get to 120hz properly try and use 85hz. Also try closing the lid of your laptop after the screen is disabled and first display is on your projector, this is best. You may need extra mouse and keyboard when closed but that open click lock has a screen off mode control in it.

Cyberia on Youtube

emilf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by emilf »

Hi,
I have tried this to, but the fullscreen on the Stereoscopic are in 1024x768 with 79hz (not 80hz) when I press ALT+ENTER from fullscreen to window mode it`s again on 1024x768 at 119hz (not 120hz) , maybe it`s the movie (the movie is on 720p xvid)? I can`t force the stereoscopic player to use 1024x768 at 120hz on fullscreen?
P.S: I use Stereoscopic player from 3dtv.at not the nVidia Stereoscopic Player.
My laptop dislpay it`s close (by me on nvidia control panel i select monitor 2 (benq projector) on and notebook display off) and the steroscopic player do it like this on window screen have 1024x768 on 119hz on full screen have 1024x768 on 79hz or blackscreen with only audio.

Thanks for any advice,
Emil
Ardov
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardov »

Please try this. Go to the Nvidia control panel. Go to the advanced 3d settings. Go to Max Prerendered frames , and set this setting to 0 and try again please. Let us know of what happens. Otherwise it could be your system not being too powerful to keep up with the pageflipping process (now with Windows 7).
Solya
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Solya »

Hey guys,

nice to see still some new posts out there!

Unfortunately nothing really changed in my case - still not able to enjoy a running page-flipping system under win7.

Tried out some things like changing the amount of pre-rendered images from 3 to 8 and to 0, but these described flips between right and left eye in pf-mode still occured.
I was playing around with blue-line-code as i've already did that before, but now realized that the shutter-glasses in this mode stop as they get out of sync with the picture. Means: They stop for like 1/10 sec and resync again. This happens in an interval between 2-5 seconds maybe - just like the flips in pageflipping mode. Positively to mention that in blc-mode the view of left and right eye does not flip. Probably its just another form of the same problem.

So i think it has something to deal with the sync at all or that my PC is not able to handle video-encodings quick enough since Win7. (especially hd-videos lag hard and the intervalls of "no shuttering" in blc-mode increase rapidly in that vids.)

On the other hand i really wonder why my pc can easily handle the same vids in the stereoscopic player while only the glasses controller is turned off.
The pageflipping or blue-line-code picture is still displayed on screen without lag.

I'd be incredible glad if anybody might have new hints for me to try out :)
PS: As a student i dont have money for another pc, who can handle this. So don't just recommend buying a new one :D
emilf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by emilf »

Hi,
My notebook is a Acer with 4GB RAM DDR2, T7700 2,2Mhz, video nVidia 9650M GT 1GB DDR2 (it`s ok ?).

I`ll check if will work after I`ll change to frame 0 and I`ll post the results.
But I wonder why all the movie work on 1024x768 at 120Mhz (real 119 Mhz) on StereoScopic Player on normal view but when I want to see the movie on fullscreen with 3D stereoscopic ON (Software pageflip method or press F7 selected) the screen is black or resolution is only 1024x768 at 85Mhz (I try that with pageflip Off from X3DCTL.exe/shutter glasses software and I have the same results in fullscreen mode).
When I play a normal movie on Stereoscopic player or MPlayer works great at 1024x768 at 120Mhz on windowed and fullscreen too.
May be it`s the movie? (the movie is HD 720p format)

Regards,
Emil
Solya
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Solya »

...but when I want to see the movie on fullscreen with 3D stereoscopic ON (Software pageflip method or press F7 selected) the screen is black...
Hey,
I had this error while my system was on Vista and overall working. There was just a little trick to be done in my case.
As I started the movie and changed to fullscreen I was able to hear the audio but cant see any picture - as in your case indeed.

As far as I remember I just had to go out of fullscreen again (maybe because my beamer had sync loss - dont excactly remember that one sry), wait some seconds and go into fullscreen again. Then it was fully working till the end of the movie. Bad thing was that u have to do this every time u start a movie - but who cares as long as it IS working :P

Just give it a try dude - I hope u are lucky

btw: pause the playback the first time you go into fullscreen and start it with "space" as soon as its running successfully at your beamer - so u won't miss any scene.
Solya
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Solya »

Ok guys - huge step forward for me ;) :

I was playing around with some of my installed codecs again and was able to find out that the cyberlink codec works best for HD (mpeg4 avc) movies. It significantly increased my cpu power by giving the encoding assist of my graphics card - keyword: dxva

Another thing i changed was my graphics driver - just did an update 2 versions forward to 197.44.

I hope some of u can also improve their playback possibilities.

PS: Im still having some lag and interrupt while playing back videos, but its very few now.
Ardov
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardov »

So i was correct. Your system wasn't powerful enough to handle the software page-flipping and the decoding of the stereoscopic video. Please keep in mind that you need at least an i3 dual core processor running at 3.6 GHz to properly watch a 1080P stereoscopic movie in page-flipping mode. Also the stereoscopic movie files should be 30MBPS maximum bit-rate. For higher quality stereoscopic movies, you need at least an i5 or i7 quad core running at 3.2 GHz.

For MXF digital cinema packages at 2K or 4K, the requirements for a cinema theater is a DUAL processor QUAD CORE EACH system or an octacore (not yet released) CPU for proper handling of such high resolution stereoscopic material.
vyger
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vyger »

I write from Italy, can I ask you some questions about the kit eDimensional?, because I have no answers from eDimensional.

the first thing I wanted to know if you can see photos or movies 3d side by side?

I have a camera aiptek 3D movies are 720P MOV

thanks
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

To use eDimensional glasses to view 3D content you need a special type of monitor, TV or projector which supports a 120 Hz refresh rate.

LCD, plasma and DLP TVs and monitors : http://www.3dmovielist.com/3dhdtvs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DLP projectors : http://www.3dmovielist.com/projectors.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CRT monitors : http://pymol.sourceforge.net/stereo3d.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vyger
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vyger »

Ok I have.
what program to use to open the photos or videos side by side?
eDimensional which setting to use?

I want to see in 3D, without buying a TV 3d but only connecting my PC to my tv or dlp projector.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

vyger wrote:what program to use to open the photos or videos side by side?
Stereoscopic Player for videos, sView for photos and videos.
vyger wrote:I want to see in 3D, without buying a TV 3d but only connecting my PC to my tv or dlp projector.
You won't see 3D without a display supporting 3D. If your projector is a DLP and it supports at least 85Hz in input you may be able to see 3D movies, but if your TV is not 3D Ready you won't see any 3D at all.
vyger
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vyger »

The DLP projector is 75Hz.
the TV is 200Hz.
I can see with eDimensional 3D?
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Just try it with your projector. If it can really handle a 75Hz input signal you could see a 3D effect, but there'll be much flicker if you don't look at it in a dark room.

Your TV cannot handle a 200Hz input signal, this 200Hz number is only a marketting blurb when in fact the TV can only accept 60Hz in input but uses interpolation techniques internally to smooth out the image. I guess it doesn't have a good response time either, so it's much likely probably a no-go.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”