Prescription 3D Glasses On Their Way Soon, For Samsung 3DTVs

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Prescription 3D Glasses On Their Way Soon, For Samsung 3DTVs

Post by Silversurfer »

3D glasses may be made big enough to fit over prescription glasses, but it's still not a pleasant experience. Having to constantly push up one pair of glasses is nerdy enough, but two?

Unfortunately it's just so far Samsung of the big players who've commiserated with us four-eyed lot's plight, though Oakley mentioned last month they plan on releasing them before the end of the year. They're just polarized lenses though, so can only be used in cinemas and 3DTV-equipped pubs in the UK with Sky.

While Samsung's glasses will only be compatible with their own sets presumably (one of the peskiest things about 3D), I hope it'll spur on other manufacturers to offer the same options. With over 120 million Americans (reportedly) wearing glasses, that's a rather large chunk of the population that's having to fight with slipping double-frames. [Akihabara News]

http://gizmodo.com/5669569/prescription ... Gizmodo%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Prescription 3D Glasses On Their Way Soon, For Samsung 3

Post by cybereality »

Not a bad idea. If I could get prescription 3D glasses, I would. However I don't have a Samsung TV so I won't be taking them up on the offer.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”