Minecraft, you NEED to play it!

PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Minecraft, you NEED to play it!

Post by PalmerTech »

Minecraft.net

It is quite literally the best new game I have played in the past year, and it is still only in Alpha. If you buy access now, it is less than $15! It started as just a one man homebrew project, but the lead developer started a small studio early this summer, and the game is now being worked on full time.

It is AMAZING! It even has built in anaglyph 3D support! I have emailed the developer about adding real stereo support, if more people do the same, it seems likely to happen.

Multiplayer is a whole different feel, so I will leave that out for now.

Single player, you fight to survive in a land unknown. When you start your game, it randomly generates your entire map. How huge is the world map? Essentially infinite, as it continues to generate the farther you go. You could travel for 100 hours, and never run out of brand new, totally unique areas. Caves, lagoons, mountains, islands, underwater grottoes, lakes, rivers, forests, everything.

Once your unique map is created, you appear at a spawn point. This spawn point will remain the same for the rest of the game, whenever you die, you lose ALL the items you are carrying, then respawn. You start out with absolutely nothing, but using the very, very simple controls, you can harvest the natural resources around you, and by using the crafting system, make them into more refined elements and items. Very first thing you do when you spawn: START BREAKING AND COLLECTING SAND/DIRT! And as soon as you have enough blocks of them, build a small fortress at least two walls high, and seal yourself inside. Why? Zombies. The sun moves across the sky, and during the night, zombies, monsters, and other nasties try to attack you, and you have no way to fight back, so make sure your fortress is sealed. You may even want to build a secondary wall or moat, because some of the nasties can explode, and blow a gaping wall in your defenses.

Generally, you spend the day hunting animals like wild pigs for meat to regain health, or growing crops, or exploring the surrounding area. Night, you retreat to your fort/s, and mine for minerals and stone, and upgrade your defenses.

This game is SO worth the price! Get it, and maybe we can start a MTBS3D multiplayer server, where we can all play together. Actually, survival mode has a multiplayer version in testing, but it is buggy right now. Single player alone is great, though. After playing for a few hours, I suggest you read the Minecraft wiki, otherwise, learning to craft new elements is pretty hard.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Minecraft, you NEED to play it!

Post by Dom »

I have this game too and I like it alot. I have a few friends in the states I play mutiplayer with and am currently building a massive house, fortress going past the clouds. We have lava mountains and alot of other cool stuff. BTW its a real cute game.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Looked at a video, and bought the game immediately afterwards, it has absolutely crappy graphics but somehow this game is terribly addicting.
I'm playing single player for now, looking for diamonds.

The sad thing is whenever i find enough diamonds, i cannot find enough new diamonds before my diamond tools break. It seems i never manage to stack up precious ressources (iron and diamonds).
Am I just unlucky or are there special techniques to find more ressources quicker.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

If you drop your pick axe or any tool and then pick it up again it will regain its durability.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”