Need help with Stereo Movie Maker , Cannot read Index info ?

Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Need help with Stereo Movie Maker , Cannot read Index info ?

Post by Recostar »

Hey guys,

I'm having some troubles trying to get Stereo Movie Maker to load up my 3D videos . Every time I try to open a video file I keep getting the error " Cannot Read Index Info " " Your Video Does not have FOURCC code " . any ideas on how i can resolve this issue ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Reco
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Need help with Stereo Movie Maker , Cannot read Index in

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, I would get the "Does not have FourCC code" thing a lot. SMM is very picky about what codecs it supports and at what resolutions. The way to work around it was to use a different codec. I think x264 I was having problems with, but I was able to use xvid (I think). You can also use a program called SUPER to convert the video to any number of formats. MPEG will probably be the most compatible.
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

Agreed. Sometimes the Xvid format comes out as a black screen with sound. Use Virtualdub and save the AVI file either as uncompressed or use the Microsoft MPEG 4 video codec...it always works fine.

Gae
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

Thanks for the advise guys, really appreciate it. . Well, after hours of tinkering around I must have finally installed the right codecs because it just started accepting it. I downloaded the K-lite Codec pack and that's what seemed to resolve most of my issues. It still happens every once and awhile, but not as frequently.

Thanks again for the help :)

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”