Acer H5360

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
cyberheater
One Eyed Hopeful

Acer H5360

Post by cyberheater »

Recently got this machine. Currently using it against a plain light grey wall with a nVidia 3D vision kit. It's just an incredible experience.

I'm amazed how well my aging 8800GT is coping with 3D games. I can run most games like Tomb Raider (which looks stunning) quite comfortably. Even with a touch of anti aliasing. And it's great to go back to some of the older games and rediscover them in stereoscopic 3D.

Anyway. Back to the machine. Black levels could be better. But colour accuracy looks pretty good and shadow detail is good. You do get a pop up notice that warns you that you're in 3D mode which is a tad annoying. I can't see a way of removing it.
The machine itself is whisper quiet in ECO mode and the bulbs are cheap.

Overall. I'm very pleased with it.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Acer H5360

Post by cybereality »

Glad to hear it. Most people seem to be happy with that projector.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

Yup, add RGB LED's with dynamic contrast, +20% brightness and close to perfection ( @ 720p!!!).

...let me spell that for you... DLP delivers...
http://twitter.com/TI_DLP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

tritosine wrote:Yup, add RGB LED's with dynamic contrast, +20% brightness and close to perfection ( @ 720p!!!).

...let me spell that for you... DLP delivers...
http://twitter.com/TI_DLP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Delivers, sort of. It's just too dark for my taste though.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

Since its you who is using silverscreen in the first place you should know better :D

& we can also use depolarizing high gain screens. ;)
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

tritosine wrote:Since its you who is using silverscreen in the first place you should know better :D
I do! I have compared both and putting dual passive besides a dlp/shutter gives a clear indication on which gives the best experience. It's certainly not a minor difference either. It's of course a matter of pricing but compared to new 3d-tv-sets even a dual passive projection rig is cheaper...
tritosine wrote:& we can also use depolarizing high gain screens. ;)
I don't follow... We?, as dlp/shutter users or what?
Anyway: High gain screens gives other problems as increased hotspotting. Curved screens helps but gives a very distinct hotspot where you have to be for a decent image. One viewer solution in other words.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

Ok , I dont want to start this age old debate again, motion blur vs. hold time. so, I just list what I dont like about dual pj setup.

1. I don't like the 60hz idea ( 60hz = 16.7ms hold time, 16,7ms filled with constant light = 3-400 motion resolution, I can see motion blur @ 60hz 2d! )

2. I don't like the non depolarising screen idea ( some big name screens are depolarising , VUTEC, da-lite High power - the retroreflective glass beaded)

3. I don't like the dual optics, dual light engine, you throw 1chip DLP's perfect convergence out of the window.
It has nothing over 120hz DLP I'd consider worthwhile upgrade, or I just don know, seems like a much worse trade off than 120hz. Maybe I'll find out in a few weeks, once someone gives me a good silver recipe so far noone gave. I have all recipes but silver.

Return to “3D Projectors”