New 120Hz Monitor and ATI GPU, what shutter glasses?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Mymlan
One Eyed Hopeful

New 120Hz Monitor and ATI GPU, what shutter glasses?

Post by Mymlan »

Hey MTBS, I just got my new Alienware AW2310 120Hz monitor and while I'm blown away by the framerate, I would like to try out non-anaglyphic 3D. I have a Radeon HD5970 so I can't get the Nvidia Vision Kit. I've been using the iZ3D drivers, but I'm not sure where to turn for shutter glasses. The eDimensional ones look good buy they use a VGA cable which isn't compatible with my monitor. D:

Any suggestions, guys? Thanks!
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Re: New 120Hz Monitor and ATI GPU, what shutter glasses?

Post by BlackShark »

At the moment, no shutter glasses will work with this monitor. iZ3D is working on it but there is no ETA and no glasses have been announced to be compatible so far. Don't buy anything for this monitor until something is officially available.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Only way to get 3D on that monitor is with an Nvidia card and Nvidia 3D Vision.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi I think there might be a workaround to get this to work and I am trying to see if it will. The main concept is to have some glasses that flicker on this monitor.

Of course using the nvidia 3d vision glasses and possibly this activator program: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and also using the iz3d drivers for separation parallex. I think those guys in that thread were talking about having the glasses turn on and separate with their own program for opengl gaming or CAD designs. I tried to use that activcator.exe and it would not load so I don't know whats the matter with it, but if you can get it to work then this workaround should enable stereo3d.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
GPLavoie
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by GPLavoie »

Xpand's x103 glasses are designed for ir emmitter shuttering, which is what the Nvidia glasses use, you just need to find an emitter to sync it up. I don't know of any yet.

http://www.xpandcinema.com/products/glasses/X103-home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if you can buy them just yet, but when they come out, I want them to use for replacing my Nvidia shutterglasses.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

Im also replacing nvidia shutters ( after 48 hours of displaying greenish pinko slime on the screen which they wont admit happening, and they blame AMD cpu's) with dlp_link , either x102, or acer branded glasses.Don't buy into the pyramid deal, you shouldn't buy into LCD's at all anyway.

Guess I can't even sell this **** because cosmetics , and whos goin to repair it for me if its bad IDK. Maybe I send it to our forum friend Petrus.

Ok I talked to Petrus. Turns out he has yet another trick under his sleeve ( -Thank god we have you P !!!)

Apparently , you can sync his modified emitter thru DVI, not only VGA. He's going to release a version of his mod with DVI input, and we can say goodbye to pesky USB !!!

-geforce company, why, why you have to fracture 3d landscape...... -at least they keep those crap LCD displays for themselves :lol:
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Mymlan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mymlan »

Any update on this? My 120hz monitor is aging and I've heard no word on shutter (non-DLP) glasses for ATI. : /
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

ATi has working beta drivers but does not publish them yet.

I believe Ati is waiting for the entire chain of partners to be ready before releasing all the products simultaneously (displays, glasses, GPU driver update and game drivers iz3d/DDD)
In this interview ATi says it'll be available before the end of the year
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Mymlan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mymlan »

I see that the Xpand x103's are coming out this month. I'm stoked, but I'm not sure how they'll be linked up with the GPU. My monitor only supports 120hz through the DVI port, and neither my GPU nor my monitor have VESA. Will ATI ever get real 3d without DLP?
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

& then, whats wrong with a 3LED DLP monitor, apart that its made out of unobtanium?
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

I don't want to discourage you, but the guys from ATI/AMD said they will only support HDMI 1.4+ and DisplayPort compatible displays. They said all these 3D Vision-compatible monitors (dual DVI) will not work with AMD card/driver (at least officially).
As to when the QuadBuffer feature in Catalyst will be finally enabled, I personally suspect it will be launched together with the HD 6000 cards, sometime in (early) November.
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”