75%
parralel
25%

Total votes: 4

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

image crosseyed or parralel? #2

Post by yuriythebest »

please help MTBS by saying if you think this image is in crosseyed or parallel. My position is that it's in parallel.

what do you think? :)
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: image crosseyed or parralel? #2

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

Keeps saying "The submitted form was invalid."

It is parallel.
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Poll not worky but the image is 100% parallell without doubts!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Ok. Here is the full sized image:

http://mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/userpi ... dFINAL.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look carefully at the screws on the left hand side of the door (one screw on top of the other screw).

Remember that the door is flushed outward, away from the camera.

On the right image, the screws are closer to the left edge than the screws in the left image. Remember that for depth, the left image coincides with the left eye, and the right image coincides with the right. It only reverses for out of screen effects.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option= ... mitstart=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at the cans. In the right image, the cans are closer to the left, and in the left image, the cans are closer to the right. Same thing!

I'm guessing it's the nature of the picture that is giving this illusion that it is in parallel, when it really isn't.

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

You know what? I cropped this picture in stereo photo maker, and it did it's own alignment process. I wonder if it got all the depth cues mixed up in the process.

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The image IS in parallell format: Here's the downloaded, reversed image: http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/displayim ... ?pos=-3720" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are no questions: The best visual example is by looking at the cans/stuffs on the lower levels which appears being in front of the cat instead. The paint in those shelves looks like some kind of frost on a glassdoor. :lol:

Edit : Posted while post in between. And yes: spm can sometimes be confusing working with since it's so easy to shift views and forget how it was aligned. However it's really easy to see this if you can look crosseyed. It's also very easy to shift views in a stereoviewer since almost none of them (sview do though) says if images are shifted.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I looked at the original MPO file prior to stereo photomaker adjustments. I was correct, the image got distorted (and it is crosseyed!).

Will fix.

Regards,
Neil
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

um, still parallel
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Well, the polls broken (and has been broken for months) but thats besides the point.

Anyway, I don't know what you guys are smoking but the image is cross-eyed for sure. Look right above the cat food in the middle. You should see a little bit of a green ginger-ale bottle. On the right side of the image you are seeing more of the bottle behind the cabinet door, indicating that view is the left side. Meaning it is a cross-eye image, no doubt.
Neil

Post by Neil »

The voting works. It was fixed before and stopped without warning. Fixed it again. I just had to clean the cache. Bizarre!

Just PM a heads up next time there is a problem.

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

cybereality wrote:Well, the polls broken (and has been broken for months) but thats besides the point.

Anyway, I don't know what you guys are smoking but the image is cross-eyed for sure. Look right above the cat food in the middle. You should see a little bit of a green ginger-ale bottle. On the right side of the image you are seeing more of the bottle behind the cabinet door, indicating that view is the left side. Meaning it is a cross-eye image, no doubt.
Too late out. The original image is changed and is indeed in crossview format now. ;)
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Cross eyed.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

yup now it's in crosseyed
Neil

Post by Neil »

I created the new image the way I did the old. Except I turned off stereo photomaker's auto alignment features. I'm almost certain it created an unnatural distortion.

Poor Tuo-Te! So much focus on whether or not the image is cross-eyed, and not enough recognition for his grade 5 reading abilities! :woot

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

8-) The cats surely know the labels on their cans, be sure of that. They also know exactly when you're going to feed them (if you don't they let you know... :twisted: ). Like with dogs they have a sense for time (sometimes within minutes...) and knows when you arrive from work (even if they can't hear the car) etc etc....

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”