Asus PG276H Vaporware?

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Asus PG276H Vaporware?

Post by Synexious »

http://www.guru3d.com/news/asus-pg276hw ... -monitor-/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is the Asus P276H (sometimes the "H" is dropped in online mentions) vaporware? It was supposed to be out in June, and nothing has come since then, not an updated release date or even an acknowledgment of delay or cancellation. I did read on a forum that someone supposedly called Asus UK and was told October is the new date, but I can't confirm that. I was considering the Acer 24" (briefly considered Alienware but apparently they use the same panel) until I discovered the Asus. Does anyone have an update? Should I just write it off as vaporware?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Asus PG276H Vaporware?

Post by cybereality »

It will probably come out at some point but who knows when?
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

Think it'll come out before the year end? I can wait until then, but I don't think I'll wait longer. It depends on how long Reach keeps me occupied (which could be a very long time because of Forge World).
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

Every unreleased product has a potential, so to say, to remain unreleased forever. There are quite a few examples of prototype hardware that have been presented on the shows and announced to enter production and then never materialized for whatever reasons, such as some 3D Vision monitors like ASUS' very own VG242H which was announced in 2009 but never made it to production, and Viewsonic V3D241wm with LED backlight which didn't make it as well (though a similar "ATI open stereo" model has been leaked just recently).

Hopefully ASUS has not cancelled it entirely and just preparing an ATI/AMD version based on DisplayPort 1.2, which should be cheaper without substantial "certification" fees that NVidia charges, and should work with both ATI/AMD and Nvidia cards using iZ3D Stereo driver.

Return to “3D Monitors”