iZ3D 1.06.04 Beta Released, Special Anomaly Database Online!

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

iZ3D 1.06.04 Beta Released, Special Anomaly Database Online!

Post by Neil »

Hello everyone!

iZ3D has a new beta driver out. You can get it in our downloads section. The manual is expected to be released by the middle of next week, but here are some highlights:

1. Accurate in-game cross-hair in S-3D mode. Yes, you can play your favorite games with whatever separation and convergence settings you want, and you will always hit what you are aiming at. Seeing is believing!

2. Lots of bug fixes and game compatibility improvements. Anyone up for a game of Crysis? (DX9)

3. The driver has a completely new architecture. The interface has been changed and stereoscopic adjustments you make in the game are numerically measured and shown on the screen for easy calibration.

Finally, we would like to try a social experiment with you. One of the challenges with beta testing a driver is capturing visual information in an organized manner. As drivers are released revision after revision, it would be good to see measurable improvements each time.

In the MTBS Photo and Video Gallery, we have launched an iZ3D Beta Driver anomaly database. When playing your favorite games, find anomalies that you can capture by pressing PRNTSCRN, and upload and record them here. iZ3D will be reviewing that gallery regularly to efficiently update the drivers.

It?s important to accurately fill in all the appropriate fields. After each driver release, the gallery will be cleared and start fresh to avoid driver version confusion.

This process is completely experimental. It has never been tried before, and we really don?t know how it will turn out. If it works, I?d like the MTBS membership to extend this cooperative service to other participating driver manufacturers to better S-3D compatibility across the board.

The gallery is best reached by clicking on the gallery logo at the top of the MTBS Forum page and scrolling toward the bottom of the gallery. It is important you are logged in to MTBS and the gallery to benefit from the service. The gallery username and password is the same used in our forums.

Regards,
Neil
Last edited by Neil on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pluMmet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pluMmet »

I'd like to try this but since I'm using xp64 I'm not sure it will work...

When I updated to 1.5 it changed my driver in a way that I couldn't undo. The work around still worked so no biggie.

What if this driver does the same but doesn't work with xp64?

The I won't be able to undo it and it won't work :cry:
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Can't you just
1) make a manually backup with all the data
2) backup with the install files. Maybe iZ3D has still the old ones (which you are using). Mtbs3D should have the new beta drivers. Just make a folder with every possible driver you can find :wink:
3) use Windows backup/recovery/set status back something. I'm not shure, if it'd help, because I think it just changes registry entries :?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Mel
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Mel »

I installed these drivers and my very first test, Half Life 2, proved a failure. The game stutters like crazy and is virtually unplayable.

I re-installed my 1.05 drivers and all is well.
sharky

Post by sharky »

what do you mean by shutters?

is there a way to show it with a screenshot?
could you plwase also post your system settings?

thanks bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Ragedemon!!!! Where are you!! I recalled you had a fix for HL2EP2+IZ3D but don't remember what it was about. So far i played it on my beamer rig but would be fun to try with the iz3d now. :D

cheers

edit: Found it: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=762 and forget about it. Have nothing to do with the sound/game stuttering but instead ghosting caused by timeshift between the front and the back panel.
Last edited by Likay on Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Mel

Post by Mel »

sharky wrote:what do you mean by shutters?

is there a way to show it with a screenshot?
could you plwase also post your system settings?

thanks bye

sharky
The video AND audio 'stutter', much like a person does when talking. Fr, fr, fr, frame, frame, frame, fr, fr, fr, fr, frame, fr, fr, fr, etc. The game is unresponsive while the stuttering is oocuring. Sorry...no screen capture will show this.

My PC:

AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual
Core Processor 5200+
2.61 GHz
2 GB Ram
nVidia GeForce 7900 GS, driver v6.14.11.6250 (is this a useful version number? It doesn't match the ForceWare installer version)
DX9.0c

Let em know if you need better/more info.
sharky

Post by sharky »

yes the OS may be important ad a descriprion of when and wich games it occours.

thanks for the info i link the topic to the iz3d team

da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by da_giz »

I just did a quick test on that with my HL2 and Counterstrike:Source and I get the same thing.

The game stutters like a game does when it is loading a lot of stuff and your PC is too slow for it. Like having lags.
Everything is hanging for a moment but stuttering until the scene is loaded and then you walk a few steps and it starts all over again.
It was worse for me in CS:S than in HL2.
In HL2 it happened every 5 to 20 seconds, now and then, but only short lags, in CS:S it happened pretty much constantly with a few seconds fluent in between. It even kicked me out of the game once when I switched to 3D.
Once 3D is off the game runs perfectly smooth again.

My specs:
AMD Athlon 3700+
Geforce 7800 GT OC
2GB RAM
Win XP 32-bit
Forceware 94.24
iZ3D v 1.06 beta

It was all fine with 1.05

Have to leave now, will take a closer look on it later when I come home again.
Just wanted to do a qucik test and confirm the issue
Mel

Any news on the stutter issue?

Post by Mel »

I was wondering if iZ3D confirmed it (two of us here have).
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

yes - we have similar fps problem on nVidia - this is related with specific architecture of nVidia comparing with ATI (ATI is better :-)) - nVidia turn on this "magic" thing for their stereo driver - just for fun you may install nVidia stereo driver and make it enable by hot key, but off - fps would be much better. We are in deep testing and debugging now - I hope to have some thing new early next week
Mel

Thanks...

Post by Mel »

BlackQ wrote:yes - we have similar fps problem on nVidia - this is related with specific architecture of nVidia comparing with ATI (ATI is better :-)) - nVidia turn on this "magic" thing for their stereo driver - just for fun you may install nVidia stereo driver and make it enable by hot key, but off - fps would be much better. We are in deep testing and debugging now - I hope to have some thing new early next week
Thanks for the update, and I'll give your suggestion a try.

On the topic of nVidia stereo drivers, do I even need them installed or does the iZ3D driver suffice. There doesn't seem to be any documentation at iZ3D site discussing the relationship between nVidia driver and iZ3D's.
Neil

Post by Neil »

There is no relationship between the NVIDIA stereo drivers and the iZ3D stereo drivers.

You do not need to install the NVIDIA stereo drivers if you own an iZ3D monitor.

Regards,
Neil
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

There is not any relationship between iZ3D stereo driver and nVidia stereo driver - but we found kind of artifact that our stereo driver last version works better on nVidia cards in term of fps if nVidia stereo driver is installed and run (but not turned off) - this is not a feature - this is artifact which told us that nVidia main driver has some hidden feature we can not access, but their stereo driver can
Neil

Post by Neil »

That's interesting!

I didn't know that.

Regards,
Neil
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

BlackQ wrote:There is not any relationship between iZ3D stereo driver and nVidia stereo driver - but we found kind of artifact that our stereo driver last version works better on nVidia cards in term of fps if nVidia stereo driver is installed and run (but not turned off) - this is not a feature - this is artifact which told us that nVidia main driver has some hidden feature we can not access, but their stereo driver can
This is for NVidia video cards, you need change WideRenderTarget (in config.xml or register) to 0, and set nVidia stereo driver run by hotkey. For same games this may increase perfomance.
da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by da_giz »

:shock: Now that is weird, you would think that nvidia shouldn't be hiding anything that makes their card run even better.
I mean it's not like they would make any money on the stereo driver itself, so they should be pretty supportive for other drivers enabling the full power of their cards.

Well, I'm just happy that iZ3D is working on that issue :)
It would suck if I would have to stay with V1.05 just to play a 'valve' game if there is a newer driver out which is doing the crosshair acurate (big plus! and thanks for that) But right now it's just unplayable in V1.06 :(
But 1.05 still works fine and the aiming, well, my aim got worse anyway over the years of not playing CS, it might actually be helpfull now :P

Thank you BlackQ for clarifying this!

da_giz
Mel

FWIW...

Post by Mel »

Yesterday I installed the recommended Crysis-compatible nVidia driver (FW 169.09) for my GeForce 7900 GS, and the 1.06 beta from iZ3D. Stereo did not work at all in Crysis demo. Hitting 'NumPad *" does nothing. I then reverted back to iZ3D driver v1.05, and all is well.

Note that with the 1.06 beta installed, if I have the glasses on while starting up the game demo, I can see some of my desktop icons (seemingly, it's my desktop icons whose x coordinates are greater than the resolution selected by the game while it's starting up...hope this makes sense) 'ghosted' on top of the game's startup graphics.

I know iZ3D is still working on it, but thought I'd give a heads-up on this anomaly.
Mel

Post by Mel »

KindDragon wrote:
BlackQ wrote:There is not any relationship between iZ3D stereo driver and nVidia stereo driver - but we found kind of artifact that our stereo driver last version works better on nVidia cards in term of fps if nVidia stereo driver is installed and run (but not turned off) - this is not a feature - this is artifact which told us that nVidia main driver has some hidden feature we can not access, but their stereo driver can
This is for NVidia video cards, you need change WideRenderTarget (in config.xml or register) to 0, and set nVidia stereo driver run by hotkey. For same games this may increase perfomance.
But I don't have an nVidia stereo driver installed (there isn't a matching one for the version of ForceWare I'm running -- FW 169.09). Does this mean I should put an old nVidia driver on my PC instead (like 91.31 and matching stereo driver)? IIRC, that's the driver I had installed when the Crysis demo was released, and the demo crashes.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ignore the NVIDIA stereo driver for a moment.

It sounds like the iZ3D drivers need to be re-enabled. They shut off after a reboot sometimes.

Go into the iZ3D control panel. When you click on "Enable Stereo by Hotkey", and click Apply, does it stick?

If it doesn't stick, click on "Enable Stereo by Hotkey", and choose "RESETUP SCREENS". That will reinitialize the injection system.

Regards,
Neil
Mel

Post by Mel »

Neil wrote:Ignore the NVIDIA stereo driver for a moment.

It sounds like the iZ3D drivers need to be re-enabled. They shut off after a reboot sometimes.

Go into the iZ3D control panel. When you click on "Enable Stereo by Hotkey", and click Apply, does it stick?

If it doesn't stick, click on "Enable Stereo by Hotkey", and choose "RESETUP SCREENS". That will reinitialize the injection system.

Regards,
Neil
Thanks Neil, that fixed the no stereo problem. However, with iZ3D driver v.106, Crysis demo runs at ~ 1 frame every 3-5 seconds . With driver v.105, it runs in stereo at decent (very playable) frame rates @1024x768, with 'Low' settings. I'll just stop worrying about it and see what iZ3D's next release looks like.

Thanks again.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I have a 7900GTX - so our technologies are comparable.

Turn Shaders to medium or lower, and turn shadows to low.

See if that helps.

Regards,
Neil
Mel

Post by Mel »

Neil wrote:I have a 7900GTX - so our technologies are comparable.

Turn Shaders to medium or lower, and turn shadows to low.

See if that helps.

Regards,
Neil
Hmm...I already had all settings at 'Low', rez = 1024x768, and that's what produced the slide show frame rates. Are you running XP or Vista?
Neil

Post by Neil »

XP Home
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Problems on German Vista or XP SP2

Post by Nobsi »

I'm wondering if anyone else with a none english version of Windows encoutered these problems:

While both V1.05.002 and V1.01 do work on my German Vista and XP SP2 installations, I can't start the new V1.06.0004 beta driver on neither OS. Installation itselfs finishes successful but when I try to start the driver I get the message "Couldn't connect to service. Please reinstall driver" on Vista. On XP I get the message "Couldn't open config file. Please reinstall driver".

And yes I have full administrator privilegs on both systems.

Also there is a problem in both V1.01. and V1.05 (and maybe 1.06) with hotkey definitions. The edit fields in the iZ3d tab of the Driver Properties are to short to show the complete key labels, which are localized to German and a lot longer than in English, e.g. "Num +" translates to "+ (ZEHNERTASTATUR)". The edit fields can't be activated or scrolled, so I can neither see the complete current definitions nor make any changes to it.

I also posted these problems on the iZ3D forum.
da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by da_giz »

I have the german version of XP with SP2 and with my system the driver works, that is, I can start the driver and get 3D.
The only problem I have with V1.06 is that in HL2 games the game will have lags once I turn on the 3D, but that is another problem.
I haven't done much testing yet though, too busy at the moment....

Don't have Vista installed so I can't say anything about that.
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi nobsi.

i have vista multilanguage ultimate original and have no problems with it.

try to exectue the setup as administrator (rightclick ---> run as administrator) in vista the administrator has not all privileges.

once installed go to the installation directory, rightclick "iz3dservice.exe" and go to properties. now switch to the protection tab, and click on "modify" button. in the new window you see the little box with some users inside (usually system and administrators) click on "add" below that box. on the new window click on "advanced" and then on "search" (or "find", im on the italian lenguage at themometn). now from the box at the bottom select your username. (example sharky on my pc) and click ok, then ok again and you see your username in the box you saw at the beginning. click on your username, and in the box below select every box of the left row ("allow"). click on apply, and close. now you need to repeat it for "control center.exe". you already added your user so you can skip the yellow part.

reboot and try again.. should work now. (at least i hope)

@dagiz
hi! what card do you have? i checked the profile file, and ther eis no profile for that game. on the final non beta version it should be fine.. ;)

bye

sharky

da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by da_giz »

iZ3D is already aware of that issue and they work on it, afaik.
We were talking about that earlier in this topic (there I also posted my specs) and BlackQ responded to that issue, saying they have the same problems.
I only mentioned it to say that I don't have the same issue as Nobsi on my german XP.
But I didn't want to write that on my system the driver works perfect, so I mentioned my problem, too.
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

Hallo Sharky,
sorry for the late response, but some real life issues kept me away from the virtual world :-)

First, thank you very much for the effort you took in your answer, I really appreciate that.

I'm aware of the limited administrator privileges in VISTA, but since that drove me nut I already disabled the account control, so I have full rights like in XP.
Today I looked a bit deeper in the issue and found the reason (not the solution) why the older driver versions do work for me. They simply did not rely on the iZ3D injection service , instead the DLL injection was done by the iZ3D control panel app itselfs.
That said I see that the new injection service is the problem. It is not running on my system and when I try to start it via the service manager I get the error message "Error 1067: Process has terminated unexpected" (translated from German).

So for some reason the new service does neither run on my VISTA nor on my two XP Pro installations with different nvidia driver releases.
Ok, it's a beta but I hope iZ3d is aware of this issue.
sharky

Post by sharky »

the new driver is a service. the previous versions were programs.

anyway, the hint i gave you, is not dependent from vistas account control. i disabled teh account control before i even installed the graphics driver on my pc.. :D i hate that thing... :D anyway, try to do the privileges thing, and let me know if it solves the problem.

its stragne that it doesnt work on xp too..

could you please post your system specs and maybe "strange" programs you have on your system?

maybe we can find a solution.. :)

bye

sharky

Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

Hi Sharky,

that was a fast reply :-)

There is nothing special with my Windows installations (beside the fact that I have 3 systems in parallel with boot selection. VISTA was actually not for playing games since the nvidia stereo driver does not run here. The two XP installations are meant for gaming and have two different nvidia graphics/stereo driver versions (94.24 and 162.50). Best results in 3D do I still get with the 94.24 (for older games without post process effects). Since they are meant for gaming, these are plain OS installations with only the minimum apps/tools required and of course the games.

For the same reason I still own a 7900GTX and no 8800, but that may change now with my iZ3D monitor.

But at the moment I'm not really sure if I made a good deal, the new driver is not working on my systems and I have huge trouble with ghosting, far more than I used to have with my CRT/shutter setup. But I still need some investigation and tuning for that, I'm just at the beginning and have read that other people were able to greatly reduce the ghosting.

But another thing: I am unable to change the hotkeys in the older iZ3D driver settings. I just can't activate the edit fields and they are to short to show the lables of the default keys in German (e.g. "+ ZEHNERTASTATUR"). Do you also don't have this problem ???
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi nobsi!

its a bit difficult to solve such problems in forums. contact me in msn and we can work on it in real time! then we postthe solution if we find one or the things we tried! my contact is sharkyenergy AT hotmail DOT com. the ghosting can be solved by tilting back the monitor a little bit. in my case i use a "computer desk" so the monitor is placed higher than my head. my eyes are at button height, and i stay relaxed leaned back on my office chair so its very confortable and a lot of ghosting is gone. just try to tilt th emonitor back.

regarding the buttons: thats strange. could you please post a screenshot of your control pannel? want to compare it iwht mine

the strange thing is still that it doesnt work on xp AND on vista. we had that problem only with the very first beta wich has not beed set public.

bye

sharky

Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

Hi Sharky,

I got the following info from iZ3d BlackQ:
Hi, guys!

Let's wait until tomorrow (Monday) - we'd release 1.06 modified better - we re-wrote service and it has to work better and whole driver also.
So I think I will first wait for that new release. If my problems persists, we can make a real time session :-)

I will try your tip with the tilting back of the monitor, hopefully I can get rid of that heavy ghosting, at least to a level like on my CRT/shutter which is comfortable for me.

Thank you for your efforts so far.
sharky

Post by sharky »

your welcome.. :)

Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

I just loaded the new beta 1.06.0285 and have to confirm that I can it run on VISTA now. Actually I don't have the iZ3D-Monitor connected (since it is my christmas gift and beside some testing I will hold back till than).
But I can start the control panel and also the hotkey edit fields are now accessible (they show up in English rather than in German and thus do also fit within the fields).

Now maybe it's time for a 8800GT...
Mel

Post by Mel »

Nobsi wrote:I just loaded the new beta 1.06.0285 and have to confirm that I can it run on VISTA now. Actually I don't have the iZ3D-Monitor connected (since it is my christmas gift and beside some testing I will hold back till than).
But I can start the control panel and also the hotkey edit fields are now accessible (they show up in English rather than in German and thus do also fit within the fields).

Now maybe it's time for a 8800GT...
If you can get your hands on one of these, you're amazing. I think nVidia made 10 of them about 2 weeks after they announced their availablilty.

Tongue firmly in cheek...
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

Where do you find the iZ3D Beta file to download because I can't seem to find them in the download section. And why should i have to login just to download anything....imo it's a just waste of time. :roll:
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Mong!

Sorry for the frustration. In the main news page, the latest iZ3D drivers are linked in the news story.

We recently did an upgrade to a new programming and hosting structure. Just recently, the downloads sections were up again, but the means to upload normally aren't yet working. When the drivers were released, I put them in the news section until the upload capability is working again.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Go to the main page news story dated 12/31/07 to get the drivers. Another set is already in the works though.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”