!!! HOT !!! - Crytek Says 3D is the Future of Crysis

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

!!! HOT !!! - Crytek Says 3D is the Future of Crysis

Post by Silversurfer »

3:30 PM - August 12, 2010 by Kevin Parrish - source: Tom's Hardware US

Crysis 2 won't be the only title in the franchise to incorporate 3D.

It should come as no surprise that Crytek's roadmap for the Crysis IP will permanently incorporate 3D. Crytek boss Cervat Yerli revealed the company's plans in a recent interview after he was asked if 3D was merely an experiment inserted into the upcoming game, Crysis 2. Surprisingly, he admitted that the sequel is somewhat of a re-launch of the franchise.

"Crysis on consoles for us is pretty much taking the ground that Crysis games will be 3D now and in the future," he said. "Console gamers haven't seen [the original] Crysis yet and when we launch Crysis 2 it's kind of like a re-launch of the franchise. We want to make sure people associate the Crysis brand with 3D gaming in the future."

But he assures fans that it's not just a gimmick, but rather a way to transform the TV or PC monitor into a window leading to a new world. He said that once gamers pick up the controls and experience 3D gaming, they many not ever want to play in 2D again.

Still, isn't the whole 3D buzz just a temporary fad as seen in previous attempts? "I think that it will stay around," he admitted. "As soon as the first affordable 3DTVs arrive I think it's a no-brainer at that point, everyone will adapt. Initially there will be a more hardcore audience. I don't think every game will be 3D right away, but there will be some high-end production value games that will be 3D and will benefit from it."

That may be true, however 3D will probably become more acceptable once the technology no longer needs the use of glasses.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Crysis ... or=RSS-181" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: !!! HOT !!! - Crytek Says 3D is the Future of Crysis

Post by Silversurfer »

looks like I might have to buy one of these newfangled things called a console after all, :lol:
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: !!! HOT !!! - Crytek Says 3D is the Future of Crysis

Post by tritosine5G »

You goin to miss out on pc related cryengine3 goodies then, like:
[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bInZ7_y ... re=related[/youtube-hd]
...don't !!!
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”