Support for other popular display formats

pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Support for other popular display formats

Post by pixel67 »

Hello, first let me congratulate you on a job well done with the IZ3D support! I am really looking forward to hearing many good things from you guys in the future. This subject was touched on in another post, but I thought I would expand the scope a bit. Can you elaborate on any plans to support other display formats? MTBS users, and stereogamers in general, use many other popular display formats such as page-flipped field sequential, dual output for dual projectors, DLP3D, the upcoming Plasma3D, etc... There have been other threads recently on the best way to approach this type of broad support within an engine and I would be very interested in learning more about this directly from an engine developer that deals with these complexities on a daily basis.

Congrats again!

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
binstream
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by binstream »

Unigine already supports stereo devices with independent inputs for each eye (dual output). Technically we are ready to support other stereo modes because we render "true stereo" images inside Unigine.

So, we plan to continue moving towards stereo 3D in future by adding support of other devices. Moreover, we will encourage our customers to use stereo capabilities of Unigine in their Unigine-based projects.
Nil Einne
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Nil Einne »

Can't wait for page flipping with shutter glasses support! :-)

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”