Some 3d photos

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
adventuresinz
One Eyed Hopeful

Some 3d photos

Post by adventuresinz »

Not sure where to post this, but here are some 3d photos I took during my vacation using a regular camera (no 3d lens)

http://adventuresinz.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Some 3d photos

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

Very nice! :woot

Are you a pro photographer?

:polarized
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Wow! Those are some nice photos, amazing quality. However keep in mind that the eyes are reversed. This can be fixed in the Nvidia viewer by pressing control+W. But the JPS format is a cross-eye format, meaning right eye first (one the left). Otherwise everything looked really good. Can you explain how you did this without a 3D camera rig?
adventuresinz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by adventuresinz »

Thanks

Just a hobby, for now.

I'm using StereoPhoto Maker as the nvidia viewer just crashes on my computer. I guess they have adopted the standard differently , I've messed up the settings, or my glasses are out of sync :)

I use a dslr with a tripod and a slideable quick-release plate. More portable and a lot cheaper than buying another expensive dslr, but not suitable for scenes with motion. As you can see there are some anomalities in water/sea and sky. But I guess it will be better than what the new cameras/lenses with tiny separation (whats up with that?) will produce. The picture bamboo.jps is actually composed of 6 images, combining 3 and 3 to HDR for each eye.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Very cool.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”