Mitsubishi 73C9 DLP TV

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
procrastes
One Eyed Hopeful

Mitsubishi 73C9 DLP TV

Post by procrastes »

I recently bought a Mitsubishi 73C9 DLP TV. I have some questions :

1) On another topic, it has been mentioned that this TV will not work with the X102 glasses+ IZ3D driver. I dont understand why. The IZ3D driver outputs the checkerboard format and the X102 glasses will be able to sync with the DLP tv. Can somebody explain this? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the X102 glasses or go with Nvidia glasses.

2) On such DLP TVs, is there a preferred solution? i.e. Is the Nvidia solution better than X102+IZ3D driver? (For gaming applications)

3) I read on the IZ3D forum that DLP TVs have some problem of overscanning, and some custom resolution needs to be set to get around this. Does this problem occur with both IZ3D driver and Nvidia or is it specific to IZ3d?

4) If I get the Nvidia glasses+emitter, will that be usable with a different 3D source (not the nvidia graphics card) like PS3 or Bluray 3D or satellite 3D etc.? (Assuming the Mitsubishi adapter is present)

I've tried my best to search for answers in the forum to these questions. While there are some indications scattered around in old posts, I would appreciate any and all updated information. Thanks a lot!
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Mitsubishi 73C9 DLP TV

Post by tritosine5G »

These are a rare breed, for example we have none of these DLP TV's in europe ( too bad ). So your best bet would be to pm someone I think. There are quite a few ppl with these there http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=194" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and 3d vision forums too. I don think they'd start with " go with nvidia buddy" .
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Mitsubishi 73C9 DLP TV

Post by cybereality »

Personally I would go with the Nvidia glasses, but I believe any generic DLP shutterglasses will work so you can save some money (like these: http://www.i-glassesstore.com/dlp3d-wireless-2set.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). I don't know for sure if the X102 will work or not although they should. Nvidia has a good driver but the iz3d driver is also pretty good. Some games look better with one or the other but overall they are comparable. Yes, some DLP sets have issues with overscan, this is a hardware problem so it will be across the board whichever driver you use. If you want to do PS3/BluRay 3D then don't get the Nvidia glasses. Nvidia is PC only. The generic glasses should work with anything, though.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”