Optoma GT720/Acer 5360/Viewsonic PJD6531 for my 3D dome?

mayaman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Optoma GT720/Acer 5360/Viewsonic PJD6531 for my 3D dome?

Post by mayaman »

Hi everyone. Today I purchased a TOOB 3D dome screen. It is pretty cool and you can see a video of it here. Watch the PS3 wipeout video! :o http://www.thinkoutofbox.com/id63.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway, I plan to play 3D computer games using my nvidia 3D kit which I currently use on my Samsung 67" DLP.

MY QUESTIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS.

1. Which projector will do 120hz 3D?

2. Will I have to flip my nvidia glasses?

3. Which will give me better image quality for games? I don't care about movies. PS3/XBOX/PC only.

4. Which is best for a half dome front projection screen? Projector peeps through hole on back and shoots onto mirror inside dome.

5. Which would you buy, regardless of price. I only care about best gaming experience.

Thank you very much! :D
gravity360
Cross Eyed!

Re: Optoma GT720/Acer 5360/Viewsonic PJD6531 for my 3D dome?

Post by gravity360 »

Well I own the PJD6531w and it's a good projector, but at times the picture seems a little washed out. However do note that I'm just using my wall with no screen for now because budget is limited. This projector so far is holding the best specs for my plans in 3D use. I purchased using SAM's club with the 50.00 2 year warrenty because it covers normal wear and tear on the device and will replace any part, and no where does it exclude projectors. So in the long run that 50 bucks is gonna get me a few replacement bulbs.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Optoma GT720/Acer 5360/Viewsonic PJD6531 for my 3D dome?

Post by tritosine5G »

/nevermind
Well, understanding DLP projectors is not simple. So I dont want to go there. I'll write an article probably before I say farewell and go back to my audio stuff tho (matter of weeks).
The facts:
Published spec aren't true anymore when switched to 120hz, contrast drops by 2/3 , brightness drops by 2/3.

H5360 with 200w bulb ends up 800 lumen at 120hz. 800 lumen is perfect for movies . Hence it would be perfect for 3d, but we have the glasses in the equation too, so , we need a screen that reflects back way more light than a matte white ( wont spread the useful light all across the room like a matte white does).

Then theres another advantage of silverscreen, it appears grey if you look at it off axis, hence it resists the ambient light way better than matte white.

I think the optimal setup is a curved silverscreen ( no hotspot) , with a motorised matte white in front of it for 2d (movies ofc, who would want to play in 2d with a setup like this biggrin.gif )
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”