How does one tell what forms of S3D their display supports?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
chowel
One Eyed Hopeful

How does one tell what forms of S3D their display supports?

Post by chowel »

I've been looking around the next and my detective skills have failed me. I have a Bravia HX800, and can't find a lick of useful 3D specific data abou it. Perhaps I going about this the wrong way with my thinking? I'm thinking its as simple as "Does my TV support S3D format X,Y,Z"? Am I wrong?
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Re: How does one tell what forms of S3D their display suppor

Post by BlackShark »

The new 3DTVs all support Hdmi 1.4 formats. Additionally all of these we heard about also had a way to override and force the TV into 3D mode with various types of inputs : the bare minimum is side by side because it's already one of the mandatory formats of hdmi 1.4 designed for TV broadcasts : current cable and satellite receivers do not have hdmi1.4 communication, so the 3D mode needs to be manually activated on the TV.

Search through your TV menus for an option to override the 3D auto-detection system and force a specific type of input, you'll get the list of supported modes there.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
chowel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chowel »

Well, I've tried everything I can at this point and no luck. I was able to turn off the automatic 3D support, but damned if I can find the manual settings! I'm not saying they don't exist, but I am saying I've been through every menu option several times and came up empty. If anyone else out the has a Sony Bravia and knows the trick to the XMB menu and manual 3D settings, please let me know, thanks!
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I don't have this Tv but I found this on Sony's website

From Sony Online i-manual
http://esupport.sony.com/docs/imanual/N ... 2btdr.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3D Menu

You can adjust the following settings by pressing OPTIONS on the remote control and selecting “3D Menu” from the menu list.

* 3D Display
* - For switching between the 3D and 2D display mode.
* 3D Depth Adjustment
* - For adjusting the depth of 3D pictures on the screen. Available only for content with 3D signals. Selecting “0” is recommended for normal use. 3D effect may be less pronounced depending on the settings.
* Simulated 3D Effect
* - Use to heighten or lessen the 3D effect when you display 2D pictures in simulated 3D.
* 3D Glasses Brightness
* - For setting the image brightness when using 3D display mode. By selecting “Auto,” image brightness through the 3D Glasses is automatically adjusted in conjunction with the “Scene Select” setting.
* 3D Format
* Simulated 3D: For viewing regular 2D pictures in simulated 3D.
* Side-by-Side: For displaying 3D content in the Side-by-Side format. Selecting this displays two near-identical pictures side-by-side for 3D viewing. Wear the 3D Glasses before setting “3D Format” as the instructions will otherwise be unreadable because of doubly-blurred letters on the screen.
* Over-Under: For displaying 3D content in the Over-Under format. Selecting this displays two near-identical pictures one above the other for 3D viewing. Wear the 3D Glasses before setting “3D Format” as the instructions will otherwise be unreadable because of doubly-blurred letters on the screen.
Try pressing the 3D button to trigger the simulated 3D mode, then maybe the 3D menu appears in the option menu only once the 3D mode is on.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
chowel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chowel »

Well, wow...I need to remember what mom said and look around more! Thank you sooo much! I'm in business! :D

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”